Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raphael Dwamena RIP

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Or just perhaps our medicals are more stringent than Zurich's? You seem to be enjoying the fact we failed, do you get off on it?

I can't deny I enjoy the meltdown on here.

I hate the fact this deal his gone sour, this thread is a testament to how excited I was by this signing, and Jose's before him.

But as said as soon at the mood changes here, I see no point in skipping around the edges, might as well crank everything up to 11teestupid, get in the middle and start swinging.

I think someone else is correct when mentioning things like insurance etc for a deal worth £10m is probably a different beast compared to a 250k deal.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Uwe? Wtf? Even Skalak did very well first season here.

What do you mean WFT ? Did you not read my other post? Uwe cost 1.7 million pounds. He slipped down the pecking order very quickly ie 4th choice. He only got a run in the team due to Goldson being out. I bet he is 4th choice again this season. Why do you think Duffy was brought in ?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Or just perhaps our medicals are more stringent than Zurich's? You seem to be enjoying the fact we failed, do you get off on it?

he's a know-it-all and the most boring of all the perma-present posters on here. just depressing to read more of his spam

I remember him being very happy with this (potential) signing, so your argument doesn't hold up.

He also has a very valid point ie. We have discovered nothing that he and his current club weren't already fully aware of. It's only that we perceive the risk greater than they do.

No doubt it has done damage to the young lad's reputation/confidence and for that I am entirely sympathetic.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I see no point in skipping around the edges, might as well crank everything up to 11teestupid, get in the middle and start swinging.

Yep that's a great plan..
conormcgregor2014341211705.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Probably a tad unfair I think. Is there anyone that really believes we've managed the transfer window as well as we could have done?
Could have been better, could have been worse. What's probably fair is that our owner has given the team a very generous budget, and the team has done their best. Can't really ask for more than that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8088852 said:
Are you doing our transfer negotiations by any chance? Might explained why we're still in the hunt for a couple of strikers with tactics like that :lolol:
You think my tactic of paying the going rate and not £5m more than the going rate, is a bad one?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Elvis Manu
Uwe
Ryan
Skalak

Question marks over some of our new signings this season.
Well Ryan is one of those new signings, so too early to judge. Uwe has been a great signing, he didn't cost too much and has played well. Skalak was also a great signing, and helped us to the best two seasons half of us can remember. Manu was a failed signing. Can't win them all.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
I remember him being very happy with this (potential) signing, so your argument doesn't hold up.

He also has a very valid point ie. We have discovered nothing that he and his current club weren't already fully aware of. It's only that we perceive the risk greater than they do.

No doubt it has done damage to the young lad's reputation/confidence and for that I am entirely sympathetic.

nope, my argument is that this particular poster is 24/7 present and a boring ****, it's that simple

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Be honest you'd spunk your load if we got Crouch. He ticks all of your has/never really was-been boxes.

But is he better than Matt Derbyshire?

People will never take into account that at the time we werent scoring goals, ring a bell, and he was a means to an end at that level. and to compound matters he scored the goal which secured a 2 =0 defeat at Rotherham leading to our failure to get promoted. Crouch is proven at this level both as a target man and also as a goalscorer who is said to be retiring at the end of the season. BUT in his last season he could and possibly would score the goals that could keep us in the Premier League. I believe that it is a gamble worth taking.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Something seems very fishy on this one to me. No news of the work permit hearing and then all of a sudden it's a medical issue. I suspect he didn't get clearance and it's less embarrassing for the club to claim a medical problem.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Something seems very fishy on this one to me. No news of the work permit hearing and then all of a sudden it's a medical issue. I suspect he didn't get clearance and it's less embarrassing for the club to claim a medical problem.

Edit - duplicate post

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Nah,

The club have an excellent medical department that appears to be ahead of the game.

Really disappointing but for everyone involved the right decision.

The ifollow service may not be "premier ready" but our Doctors appear to be something that other top clubs should aspire to.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Unlikely - it affects the player then. No way would he be complicit in there being a heart issue when one doesn't exist. It affects his prospects if nothing else.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Unlikely - it affects the player then. No way would he be complicit in there being a heart issue when one doesn't exist. It affects his prospects if nothing else.
Not saying there isn't a heart discrepancy, Zurich admitted there is, they don't believe it's a issue, but strange we've heard nothing of work permit application.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here