Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley friendly

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So we paid £3m for a 'parks keeper' when we already had a decent keeper on the books? I do hope you are wrong. What is his exact height - anyone know? I remember Ipswich used to have a 5' 7 goalie.
He's a fraction over 6ft.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
timmy.JPG

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Good point. You can take over from me with his remedial English lessons. I'm clearly overworked.

No need for the comma between "scored including" on second line either. Think you were just overwhelmed by how many mistakes there were!

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
So we paid £3m for a 'parks keeper' when we already had a decent keeper on the books? I do hope you are wrong. What is his exact height - anyone know? I remember Ipswich used to have a 5' 7 goalie.

Good question. His wiki page list him at 6ft and 1/2 inch and also at 180 cm. Now 180 cm is 5ft 11in. Looking at him today there is no way he is over 6ft so i am going with 5ft 11in. You would have to be an incredibly good keeper at that height.

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014
Good question. His wiki page list him at 6ft and 1/2 inch and also at 180 cm. Now 180 cm is 5ft 11in. Looking at him today there is no way he is over 6ft so i am going with 5ft 11in. You would have to be an incredibly good keeper at that height.

You do realise that Ryan is a lot more athletic than Stockdale, I'm sure he can make up those extra inches and then some by be able to jump higher and react that bit faster.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
OK - I agree with this although he had nothing to do today so hard to judge. He is incredibly small based on modern day keeper standards and even his legs don't look like a footballers (muscular). I will be amazed if he is our number one keeper for the whole of next season. He looks like a parks keeper physically. Obviously the club have seen something in him. I hope i am proved completely wrong.

Obviously he grows a few inches when he plays internationally. :rolleyes:

Jesus Christ, some of the f*cking posts on here. Let's just accept our relegation now, because our scouts obviously missed how tall Ryan is and therefore we are f*cked. If we're going to judge goalkeepers on their physical appearance then I'd still take a goalkeeper who doesn't "have footballers legs" over a visibly overweight Stockdale.

boik

Jesus Christ, some of the f*cking posts on here. Let's just accept our relegation now, because our scouts obviously missed how tall Ryan is and therefore we are f*cked. If we're going to judge goalkeepers on their physical appearance then I'd still take a goalkeeper who doesn't "have footballers legs" over a visibly overweight Stockdale.

Maybe we should make a sneaky bid for Peter Crouch and stick him in goal? He's very tall and obviously that is all that matters.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Everytime I see (2 or 3 times a season, until now!!! ) de Gea I swear he gets considerably thinner.

344316D200000578-3594822-image-a-114_1463491877412.jpg

Sure he's 3 inches taller, with a wing span to match, but my right leg is thinker than his body.

These days it's all about agility, fleet of foot, and passing as well as shot stopping, instead of t'other way round.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham

Happy to be proved wrong and hope he turns out to be the best keeper we have ever had. Obviously there is a point a which a keeper is too small. If we had signed someone 4ft tall we would all be moaning (and even a dwarf would have kept a clean sheet in the first half against Crawley). All i am doing as someone who was behind the goal today is saying he is very small for a Premier League keeper (probably the smallest in the league i suspect) for the benefit and interest of anyone not there today. For all we know, he may not be earmarked as our number 1 keeper anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here