Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daily Mail reporting Albion have rejected £4m from Burnley for Dale Stephens

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Dobbie was on 23K a week. Was that the 1 you were thinking of ? ???

If that was BASIC and GUARENTEED then no I didn't know that. He was obviously on big money by our standards hence why people turned on him very quick. We had 2 other players at the time I understood to be on far more than they were probably deserving of but they are often also balanced out by good deals. That's the nature of the beast.

I don't know very much and what I was told over 2-3 years would be rather rough not exact, but believeable. An ex girlfriend is an accountant not at all linked to the club but I would often go to Christmas dinners or be invited to similar 'events' with lots of other accountants and beers would flow and the chat would get to football and cricket. People knew plenty about both and would be vague and generalistic or not link wage to player directly, but figures were mentioned as were sometimes names. Things like the highest and rough average. Shame not to be invited now days but hey her family were palace anyway.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Maybe. I don't trust the source, doesn't mean they are wrong in this instance.

i felt exactly the same last season and then out of the blue a tweet saying Dunk had signed a new contract.
They'll still be working on it... Not over til its over.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Is that our concern if it is what he wants. If we get promoted in 12 months time people will be saying he was ok but not the best. Views will change very quickly if and when he leaves us

At least he is Northern so won't get the culture shock...

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Is that our concern if it is what he wants. If we get promoted in 12 months time people will be saying he was ok but not the best. Views will change very quickly if and when he leaves us

Not mine. He's been a huge part of the best midfield partnership we've had in my time supporting the club and I think we'll miss him dearly.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Always handy 'quotes' to buy time during unpopular transfers.

If he's going to leave and we've accepted an offer then the club aren't going to invent this sort of nonsense and fun and games.
He's had a couple of knocks this season in pre-season but still played v Crawley, had a knock, and the was fit for Lazio all the time the club were turning down big offers.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Not mine. He's been a huge part of the best midfield partnership we've had in my time supporting the club and I think we'll miss him dearly.
spot on. On his day can run a game, hardly ever gives the ball away and looks a 10 million pound Preimership player. He's a class act and will be a big miss.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I agree he has been a big part of our game but football fans are fickle and attitudes change. I am not sure how we will go about replacing him.if he does leave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here