Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wingers

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
With the news that Solly is nursing a sore heal, I got to thinking that barring a few exceptional moments, March, Skalak and Murphy have all been far less effective since the turn of the year, and probably would all struggle to get into a Prem match day squad.

Would an upgrade be in order for next season?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Not a priority.

Central midfield, full backs and strikers need to be sorted out first, and the goalkeeping situation is uncertain.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
With the news that Solly is nursing a sore heal, I got to thinking that barring a few exceptional moments, March, Skalak and Murphy have all been far less effective since the turn of the year, and probably would all struggle to get into a Prem match day squad.

Absolutely March i would certainly keep. We do rely heavily on Knocky. Another winger is most certainly needed.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Nope. I'd be happy with Knockaert, Murphy, Skalak and March for our Premier League squad. For me the priority and where the money should be spent is the fullbacks and striking position. I'd like an defensive utility player, capable of playing LB or RB and an experienced striker.
If Sidwell and or Stephens goes we need a CM and if Stockdale goes we need a PL goalkeeper.
They are all things I'd be addressing before the wingers.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I'd like an defensive utility player, capable of playing LB or RB.

We already have one in Rosenior. And he can play on the wing too if needed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Funny how those foaming at the mouth that Skalak started ahead of Solly, are less foamy now.

The 'look what he did in the last 20 minutes v Leeds, if only he'd started' argument doesn't quite hold water, anymore.

It's great all our wingers have different strings to their bows.
They've all earned their shot at the big time :sick: as [MENTION=529]sparkie[/MENTION] says, not a priority, so let's move on.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
(a) We're not promoted yet, so this conversation is too early.
(b) Our wingers are one of our key strengths.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

This is ONE of the priorities. Against PL fullbacks with pace, power and nowse. Not sure how Skalak and Murphy would prosper against that. There is a substantial budget, within reason, to create a squad to stay up. Club income rising from £25m to £130m per annum. The club won't won't want to replicate the awful toothless M'boro season.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Much as we all talk about stuff like that, it seems pretty disrespectful to our current players who've done such a magnificent job for the past 2 years that we've got whole threads writing some of them off. We're not even promoted yet. For what it's worth I think every single player in our squad has earned their chance to prove they can play at Premier League level. Some will prosper, some will take time to adapt, some might fall short. Now is the time to celebrate how well they've done at the level they're at.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Much as we all talk about stuff like that, it seems pretty disrespectful to our current players who've done such a magnificent job for the past 2 years that we've got whole threads writing some of them off. We're not even promoted yet. For what it's worth I think every single player in our squad has earned their chance to prove they can play at Premier League level. Some will prosper, some will take time to adapt, some might fall short. Now is the time to celebrate how well they've done at the level they're at.

It is a fine balance between giving everyone a chance and getting points on the board as quickly as possible.

I imagine CH already knows who is staying and who is leaving and his targets.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It is a fine balance between giving everyone a chance and getting points on the board as quickly as possible.

I imagine CH already knows who is staying and who is leaving and his targets.

Of course. We'll definitely need signings and discussing who they should be is enjoyable but discussing who gets the chop seems wrong at this particular, magnificent, moment in time. Maybe it's just me.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Spot on... these threads are really p1ssing me off...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here