Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Turning Points-

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Rebuffing bids for our outstanding players.

Agree with this. Retaining all of the main players from last year's squad was the first point for me.

As for other turning points, most of the games mentioned above were significant (MASSIVE, Birmingham, Fulham, Rotherham and Brentford notably). They weren't always the hardest games on paper, but their contribution to the players' belief was critical.

Recent games have been all about finishing off the hard work of previous months.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Sheff W... the penalty save... the ten men..... the victory.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Two things for me, sorry I'm greedy!
The signing of Duffy and The unfortunate death of Mr Knockaert! Bristol City and 'that goal' bought a togetherness of our squad which I don't think I've seen at this club in my 50yrs supporting them!!! UTA

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Bruno in tears after last season's playoff semi was the turning point.

From that moment onwards we were going up.

Bristol City and 'that goal'

I'm a sentimental fool so I'm going to go with these.

It's not often you see what it means to players. Bruno at the end of last season was an indicator.

Then the celebration after Sidwell scored showed what a team they are.

I know we all hate marketing stuff but #together has grown to mean something.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Stockdale's double save for the the penalty at home to massive when we down to 10 men.

This for me as well. Especially after the manor and timing of the loss last year this to me really made me believe

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Turning point for me was the Newcastle game at the Amex. Their two late goals to snatch victory made me think the team would be utterly deflated and after we followed up that game with a 3-0 loss away at Forest I thought we would be in a right scrap to hold on to 2nd place with Huddersfield. But the reaction from the lads was superb, even with the loss of Duffy who was a key figure, Uwe filled the void and the wins against Rotherham and Derby made me believe again.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Bristol City away, the goal, the togetherness and the complete and utter control over the entire 90 minutes... I was a believer from there on in.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Sheff W... the penalty save... the ten men..... the victory.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
This.

The game that had everything, but Stockdale's double save and winning with 10 men was special.

Massive completely losing it and being reduced to 9 men at the end was also beautiful.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Barnsley away. Huddersfield were steaming up behind us, bang in form. I think they had got to within 3 points and our next game was a tough away game at Barnsley with Huddersfield poised for an evening game ready to pounce if it went wrong.

No problem though. Another routine win, and we've never looked back.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
TB not wilting under pressure and keeping all our main players. TB was the turning point,the players have now almost completed their task

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When we got RID OF Colin DULLARD Calderwood

Bruce thought he could pinch the best in the division (knowledge of opponents, scouting, the secrets of CH Albion's success, etc).

Calderwood might receive a bigger pay packet, but he backed the wrong horse.

Cool CH simply appointed another coach and got on with winning games of football.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
The Wednesday game was when I started to truly believe.

But for me it was the home game against Huddersfield way back. We were awful in that game and didn't look remotely like scoring. Massive cock up from the keeper from Knockaert's shot and we won 1-0.

We hadn't had the best start and Huddersfield were top. That gave us momentum we wouldn't otherwise have had.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A lot of posters seem to think the final corner was turned back in the middle of January, after 26 games. :ohmy:

I'm firmly Team Huddersfield 0 ~ 1 Burton.

Having said since fixture release day - 'get to April and see where we are', that one result coupled with my confidence the team could/would steamroller through the month, was when I knew.

(we were unlikely to be relegated. :lolol: )

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bruce thought he could pinch the best in the division (knowledge of opponents, scouting, the secrets of CH Albion's success, etc).

Calderwood might receive a bigger pay packet, but he backed the wrong horse.

Cool CH simply appointed another coach and got on with winning games of football.

Colin Calderwood moved for personal reasons to be nearer his family.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The last international break.
We were wobbling. Hudds were closing. Came at the perfect time and we've won 4 on the bounce since while both Huddersfield and Newcastle have faltered. Season changer!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here