Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eight games,Eight Cup Finals

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Opera singers. That's what we need. More opera singers. Always worked so well in the past :moo:

2AE6D2E300000578-3177190-image-m-12_1438080464519.jpg

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Blackburn games at home have been pivotal in 2 previous promotion campaigns, back in 1972 won 3-0 a game late in April, and famously in 1978-79 when a nervy 2-1 result with the smoke bomb at the South end of the Goldstone help the Albion secure a vital late season home win...... Here's hoping tomorrow is much of the same, but Rovers 7 games unbeaten and have some quality in their side.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sorry you are wrong,i haven't.I have lived every minute of this season ,haven't had this excitement since the Small,Bryne season.And now bouncing off the walls with my 14 year old boy who's first game was when Baz Savage scored

You are bouncing your child off the walls? Are social services aware of this behaviour?

Appalling

COME ON TOWN.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
And look how that turned out :lolol:

But we created tons of chances to put that game away! And if we had scored in the first ten minutes, I reckon Wednesdsy would have crumbled!
The team were up for it, the fans were behind the team that night, and it wasn't a library, it was a rockin' ground! :albion2::amex:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
That detail of that table though, shows Blackburn's away form as 1ppg, and the Albion's home form as 2.33ppg.

Exactly. I think this is a classic case of how stats can show anything. Apparently, Blackburn haven't won away since November (at Newcastle) and our recent poor form has been largely away from home (only home defeat since mid September is Newcastle).

I don't think anybody thinks it will be easy but some of the stats are being a bit overplayed.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Here is a stat:

Only one team has ever failed to gain promotion from the second tier having won 77+ points from 38 games (3 pts/win), Wolves in 2001/02 (52/53 teams promoted).

BBC sport website ???

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
That detail of that table though, shows Blackburn's away form as 1ppg, and the Albion's home form as 2.33ppg.

time to put the form books away and write history... 7 wins on the trot not impossible if we have the right frame of mind and composure we are second for a reason we are good enough to do this and go up, that's not complacency its about self belief.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
How many 12th men f**k off home at 75 minutes in time for Ant and Dec?must be soul destroying for the players to see thousands legging it for the exit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't agree with leaving early, never do myself, but it's their choice. Maybe the club can improve transport further? I doubt it has anything to do with Ant and Dec, at least I hope not...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't agree with leaving early, never do myself, but it's their choice. Maybe the club can improve transport further? I doubt it has anything to do with Ant and Dec, at least I hope not...

It can't be anything to do with Ant & Dec, as we don't play on Saturdays any more (yes, I know tomorrow is a Sat)

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
If every match is a cup final*,that's a lot of shite charity songs.

* They're not and it's a phrase that bothers me. They're league games, which is good because the ST doesn't cover cup finals.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The next 7 days could well be pivotal. Actually enjoyed the last 13 days, pressure back on. Can see sleep really suffering this month

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The only thing embarrasing about the phone lights is when a few knuckleheads in the north start chanting 'sign up, put your phones away'.

To those who shout this, it's not your right to dictate to other fans how they support their team. If you don't want to do it, then don't. Just as my youngest won't join in (with the exact words anyway) to songs like 'your f**king shit'......

If phone lights make some people happy, let it be. Happy people, mean people stay, create more noise and this will also hopefully contribute the the 12th man phenonomen.

The irony being, they chant 'sing up put your phones away' even though they've been silent for the preceding 10mins. :shrug:

Most of the kids in the East Stand don't get a sh*t anyway to be fair, and actually shine their phones at the North Stand to get them to sing the song...

I think the point being that they can't be the only ones, or don't feel like they should be the only ones creating an atmosphere all game.

They may fall silent, that's when the other stands should perk up. Instead they get their phone torches out which is more likely to distract the players than encourage them.

Don't get me wrong, kids can do what they like with the 'light shows' if it gives them a kick.. i'm not against it. But saying the NS chanting to 'sing up' is somehow more embarassing than that is total bollocks.

Loftslaces

Apr 6, 2016
Graffham
Keep an eye out for me
lightbulbsMan.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here