Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don't blame Absence of Stephens!!!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
How do you know it's a 'snivel'? (Is that a sniffle)

Yea indeed, edited for ya :thumbsup:

I don't, do you know any different? All we know is what the club decides tell us, and last time round they weren't exactly transparent or truthful were they? (Understandably so)

Are you confident there is nothing in this?

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003

I don't, do you know any different? All we know is what the club decides tell us, and last time round they weren't exactly transparent or truthful were they? (Understandably so)

Yes

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

After one match...yep confident

RE last time I'd say economical with truth

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Almost everyone I know has been affected by some sort of cold or bug this winter, so reckon it's a pretty good bet, especially as a dad of youngsters that he is
Hope he's ok for Friday

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
When I started thread I probably should of said that all though it's my opinion that he will go and it's only a hunch, I don't want him to leave! I would like him to see the job through! He is a big player for us but is he more important to us than say another quality forward! CH stated this week he would be ok if we didn't sign anyone else this window! Really? Like he stated in article we have enough quality in CM for back up for Stephens! If we are to stay within FFP rules then selling Stephens to get said striker may be our only way of clawing back some cash incase the horrid scenario of us not getting promoted materialises!

Camship

Sep 16, 2012
He is a big player for us but is he more important to us than say another quality forward!
Yes absolutely no question about it, I really don't understand how some people can't see how important he is for us.
If we are to stay within FFP rules then selling Stephens to get said striker may be our only way of clawing back some cash incase the horrid scenario of us not getting promoted materialises!
We are well within FFP for this season, no problem with that. Could obviously change if we don't go up this year, though. If we want to ensure that we don't have a situation where we don't go up then keeping Stephens, which we obviously will, would go a huge way to doing so.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not obsessed at all, just linking the 3 games out and 3 defeats post, he is instrumental to us making the big time, the club know that and that's why he wasn't sold and can't be allowed to go.

He won't go! FFS this place is endemic with fear!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Almost everyone I know has been affected by some sort of cold or bug this winter, so reckon it's a pretty good bet, especially as a dad of youngsters that he is
Hope he's ok for Friday

If he has this bug it will be a couple of weeks, it's nasty with a really horrible cough, people I know can't shake it off.
Last winter was flu that the flu jab could not deal with and this winter is a nasty bug.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It's as if footballers aren't allowed to get ill...

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
If Dunk and Bong had played I might agree...
To lose Stephens & Dunk who play at the heart of the team for the same game is unfortunate.
Having said that our season did not start until Stephens returned to the team.
We seem to be bullied when he is not about.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If he has this bug it will be a couple of weeks, it's nasty with a really horrible cough, people I know can't shake it off.
Last winter was flu that the flu jab could not deal with and this winter is a nasty bug.

How many of the squad have to catch it before we can postpone matches?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
FFS. He's ill. It's January, lots of people are. Transfer window ? He busted his balls for us at Fulham. We're not selling him. He's sick. We missed him. He'll be back on Friday against SWLOL.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
FFS. He's ill. It's January, lots of people are. Transfer window ? He busted his balls for us at Fulham. We're not selling him. He's sick. We missed him. He'll be back on Friday against SWLOL.

This.

He'll be playing in the Premier League next season whatever happens. We know it. He knows it. So why leave the best dressing room in the country and the chance to get the Albion back into the top flight for the first time in 34 years? He is loving his football and his team & club right now.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I went my GP yesterday to pick up a script, I didn't see the 'so called' ill Stephens in the waiting room.
Must be going, no smoke without fire.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Only odd thing is the players flew to Preston and he was sent home after flying there ?!

Or was he sent home from training ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here