Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non-league football in Sussex.......

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That is a fantastic crowd for that level of football.

Nearly 800 for the game on NYE against Tonbridge Angels, who had a certain Nathan Elder playing for them. Did them no good though, with a sending off that gave a penalty, then their number 11 decided to have what can only be descibed as a fight, getting himself and his manager sent off. 3-0 to Worthing, should have been a penalty hat-trick but Omar missed his third penalty and it was knocked in on the rebound.

Worthing is a decent place to get when you can't make the Albion, or we're not playing, excellent bar, and excellent grub (very good pulled pork baps). Quality of football is more than acceptable, and the team are doing pretty well too. Went to watch Steyning yesterday as couldn't stretch to Fulham, have to say that was most enjoyable too. If you don't currently take in non league games, and need that fix on non Albion days, give it a try, you might like it.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Went to watch Steyning yesterday as couldn't stretch to Fulham, have to say that was most enjoyable too. If you don't currently take in non league games, and need that fix on non Albion days, give it a try, you might like it.

Was hoping to get to that Steyning match but couldn't in the end. Gutted as it was 6-0 to them!

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Hereford had 4600 yesterday in a step 4 match I believe

They were playing Evesham United, my dad's local team who took about 250 to the match which is even more than their average home attendance of c230.

Tbf it is easier to follow a winning team but it's good to see them clawing back slowly not one of these tinpot celebrity bail out clubs like Salford City.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Agreed Worthing is a great day out, Jon Meeney had got them playing decent football too. They shed a few over 30s players recently and the younger players have more than stepped up. Few ex Brighton lads there too.

Jon Meeney nice bloke, goes to my gym and always happy for a chat. Loves his football

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Agreed Worthing is a great day out, Jon Meeney had got them playing decent football too. They shed a few over 30s players recently and the younger players have more than stepped up. Few ex Brighton lads there too.

Jon Meeney nice bloke, goes to my gym and always happy for a chat. Loves his football

Sam Rents is a very useful player for them, and when Gary Elphick is fit he can be excellent for them, on the pitch, As well as joint player manager.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Nearly 800 for the game on NYE against Tonbridge Angels, who had a certain Nathan Elder playing for them. Did them no good though, with a sending off that gave a penalty, then their number 11 decided to have what can only be descibed as a fight, getting himself and his manager sent off. 3-0 to Worthing, should have been a penalty hat-trick but Omar missed his third penalty and it was knocked in on the rebound.

Worthing is a decent place to get when you can't make the Albion, or we're not playing, excellent bar, and excellent grub (very good pulled pork baps). Quality of football is more than acceptable, and the team are doing pretty well too. Went to watch Steyning yesterday as couldn't stretch to Fulham, have to say that was most enjoyable too. If you don't currently take in non league games, and need that fix on non Albion days, give it a try, you might like it.

Good news, it's nice to hear about a Sussex non league team doing well.

I do like to attend non league games when I'm not watching the Albion. Worthing is a bit out of the way for me, but I have Newhaven, Peacehaven & Telscombe, Lewes and Whitehawk not that far from home, I have watched all these teams.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sam Rents is a very useful player for them, and when Gary Elphick is fit he can be excellent for them, on the pitch, As well as joint player manager.

Agreed. Rents decent player.

I think Gary has stepped down as a player now and just coaching / managing. Was part of the 'cull' of Banks, Axell etc

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here