Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers ***Official Match Thread***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Any news on why Bruno came off?

Sounds like groin but waiting for CH post match interview.

Edit: Maybe a little bit of fatigue - CH

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hunemeier and Goldson I would think

Why? Why not play a right back at right back - I don't hold too much with this playing out of position stuff. Hunt in for Bruno if needed, Goldson at CD. Goldson only came on for Bruno because we didn't have Hunt - or an other right backs - on the bench.
Anyway, I've got a good feeling about young Hunt - think he might turn out OK.

Last edited:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Should have won that by more than 1 goal IMO.

Goal difference could be very important again and there was a significant period where they looked very poor, but we didn't capitalise.

Still, could have been much worse!

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Why? Why not play a right back at right back - I don't hold too much with this playing out of position stuff. Hunt in for Bruno if needed, Goldson at CM. Goldson only came on for Bruno because we didn't have Hunt - or an other right backs - on the bench.

I just think Hughton will go for experience...

D

Deleted member 2719

Wigan Stats.

Late goal ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

2016-10-18 (3).png

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Made hard work of it in the end but we were the better side overall. Usual diabolical refereeing from Stroud. Why did he add on 7 minutes when he only signalled 4?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Why? Why not play a right back at right back - I don't hold too much with this playing out of position stuff. Hunt in for Bruno if needed, Goldson at CM. Goldson only came on for Bruno because we didn't have Hunt - or an other right backs - on the bench.
Not keen on goldson in centre midfield:lolol:

D

Deleted member 2719

Wolves must have had many shots late on tonight as we sat back....very dangerous game and thankfully paid off tonight :)

I think Stockdale had to have hands like Kenny Everett to keep them out!

download (2).jpg

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Why? Why not play a right back at right back - I don't hold too much with this playing out of position stuff. Hunt in for Bruno if needed, Goldson at CD. Goldson only came on for Bruno because we didn't have Hunt - or an other right backs - on the bench.

Goldson has played a lot of his career at right back. He'll do a cracking job there if needed. As will the BFG in the centre. But if Bruno is suffering from fatigue, then he ought to be OK for Saturday. I'd be amazed if Bruno can get through 46 games this season. There will be niggles, and he'll need protecting. Until Liam's back playing again, I suspect it'll be Goldson that covers for him, rather than Hunt.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Goldson has played a lot of his career at right back. He'll do a cracking job there if needed. As will the BFG in the centre. But if Bruno is suffering from fatigue, then he ought to be OK for Saturday. I'd be amazed if Bruno can get through 46 games this season. They'll be niggles, and he'll need protecting. Until Liam's back playing again, I suspect it'll be Goldson that covers for him, rather than Hunt.

All true - can't deny any of that. It would still be Hunt and Goldson for me in that scenario though. Guess we'll find out on Saturday.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
The hanging on at the end is not good for the old ticker. I don't understand why we leave absolutely nobody up for those corners. Leave one of the shorter, quicker players up or, no matter how effectively you may clear a corner, the ball's coming back at you because there's absolutely nobody to apply even faint pressure on the man in possession. Giving the ball back to the oppos and leaving the man in possession with all day to pick his ball in cost us two points on Saturday and could easily have cost us again last night, four potential dropped points which could have come to define our season. As it's turned out it was a potentially huge three points but that is not enjoyable watching at the end of what feels like every game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here