Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone out there a Vegetarian or Vegan ?

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
Looks like a right miserable bugger though.....

Yeah, tends to go with the body building territory, as anyone who has been a member of Cheetahs Gym in Hove will be able to testify

Still I'm not going to argue with him and here he is looking a bit more cheerful...

Barney.jpg

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I stopped eating meat a few years ago. Tried the vegan thing for six months early last year, but still eat eggs, honey, wear wool etc..... Hardly eat any dairy anyway.

Definitely don't have a problem with other people eating meat, my kids eat anything and my wife or myself cook for them.

Don't miss bacon or steaks, more things like chorizo or mackerel.

I train 5 times a week including high intensity sessions and I'd say that there's been no detrimental effect on my health or fitness giving up meat and/or limiting dairy products. The opposite in fact.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Great thread this.

I've cut right back on meat in the last year with a view to giving it up when my boys (both late teens) leave home, as they and my wife are committed carnivores. But this thread has inspired me, made me think sod it, why not do it now.

So last weekend I gave up meat (except fish!). I know it's only a week, but it feels right. Delighted with the decision I have made.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
The Alpro coconut and almond milk is great on cereal. Really light and refreshing.

I'm giving dairy a swerve at the moment. Currently looking for an alternative to the oestrogen-rich soya milk. I've got some cashew in the fridge. I hate coconut and almonds. How strong are the flavours of those milks?

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
I'm giving dairy a swerve at the moment. Currently looking for an alternative to the oestrogen-rich soya milk. I've got some cashew in the fridge. I hate coconut and almonds. How strong are the flavours of those milks?
I like Rice Dream - tastes v milk-like just a bit sweeter

I generally don't bother with milk in tea and coffee, and just use Rice Dream for making porridge

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I like Rice Dream - tastes v milk-like just a bit sweeter

I generally don't bother with milk in tea and coffee, and just use Rice Dream for making porridge

I don't drink tea and now prefer coffee black, but I get your drift. I mainly have 'milk' with my morning seed/nut green veg nutribullett and occasional porridge.

Not very strong at all. Give it a go.

Okay, but will you pickup the cleaning bill if it goes wrong?

When I said dairy-free that ignored my 4-6 weekend lattes.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

Not that strong. We make almond milk at home, just soak them overnight and then remove the almonds, super cheap in comparison to buying it and not that much faff.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Would you care to elucidate?
Evolution was survival of the fittest. If people did well, they lived longer and could support bigger families, so passed on their genes to more people. Not needing animal protein isn't a new gene and it's not something that's being passed on to more people.

It seems that evolution is currently favouring those that don't use contraception. So some religions or areas without access, which might have a bias to some races of people.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Great thread this.

I've cut right back on meat in the last year with a view to giving it up when my boys (both late teens) leave home, as they and my wife are committed carnivores. But this thread has inspired me, made me think sod it, why not do it now.

So last weekend I gave up meat (except fish!). I know it's only a week, but it feels right. Delighted with the decision I have made.

14 days a vegetarian now and I have not missed eating meat once

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Evolution was survival of the fittest. If people did well, they lived longer and could support bigger families, so passed on their genes to more people. Not needing animal protein isn't a new gene and it's not something that's being passed on to more people.

It seems that evolution is currently favouring those that don't use contraception. So some religions or areas without access, which might have a bias to some races of people.

http://www.independent.co.uk/lifefa...and-cancer-risk-scientists-find-a6959291.html

A scientific study differs and unfortunately the new gene is not good news for veggies and us nearly veggies. The study was done in predominately Vegetarian cultures such as India which has over half a billion vegetarians.

The problem is Omega 6 leading to risk of heart disease and inflammation. Something I have a lot of from linseeds, chia seeds and nuts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here