Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Teams Newcastle have scored against this season: Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham

Teams Newcastle have not scored against: Cardiff, Leicester, Brighton, Palace

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Teams Newcastle have scored against this season: Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham

Teams Newcastle have not scored against: Cardiff, Leicester, Brighton, Palace

Good stat.

PS We can only beat teams called United. *gulp*

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
We’re singing from the same hymn sheet.

Won ugly, not by any great masterplan, but the players you mentioned chiselled out a result when let down by shite up front.

It can’t be a masterplan, because it only works every 12 months.

If we stay up, it’s obvious player recruitment will look at creative midfield/strikers again.

(Andone may end up being quality).

BUT STILL A VERY HAPPY 3 POINTS FOR THE ALBION.

agreed......i think bissouma shows potential , locadia....??? still waiting for him to show something that indicates he is anything other than ordinary. march is being stifled by chris's tactics and really has lost the forward option to his game .......i was amazed we took the 3 geordies must be demoralised after that,

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
All the chat before the game about how hard their run has been so far, but no harder than ours. Now all the chat on the radio is about them again and no mention of the Albion. Happy to be under the radar, but the media really are so bloody one-eyed in The Prem.

Just been talking about us this morning on TS........to paraphrase (and ignoring the comments re Toon who could be ‘doomed’)

-away form been v poor, but v good at home
-very difficult to beat now, D&D so solid
-won’t concede many
-very well organised, every player knows their job, workmanlike team with no superstars
-good wide options, will create chances
-CH very underrated
-will be safe (broad agreement between the three discussing us)

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
agreed......i think bissouma shows potential , locadia....??? still waiting for him to show something that indicates he is anything other than ordinary. march is being stifled by chris's tactics and really has lost the forward option to his game .......ie was amazed we took the 3 geordies must be demoralised after that,

Hughton kidnapped Paul Gascoigne and Ant & Dec?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Just been talking about us this morning on TS........to paraphrase (and ignoring the comments re Toon who could be ‘doomed’)

-won’t concede many
-very well organised, every player knows their job, workmanlike team with no superstars
-CH very underrated

FFS don't you ever sleep ?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

-won’t concede many
-CH very underrated

No doubt when you don't win away in 17 attempts , confidence will be low. Going 1-0 up early v relegation rivals was always going to then be tense, dogged and scrappy from us. Hopefully - hopefully! - if we start to pick up a few more points away from home, the overall performances will improve. However I'll take scrappy dogged away wins/draws all season long, especially in our second season in the Prem :D

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
agreed......i think bissouma shows potential , locadia....??? still waiting for him to show something that indicates he is anything other than ordinary. march is being stifled by chris's tactics and really has lost the forward option to his game .......i was amazed we took the 3 geordies must be demoralised after that,
That is almost word for word what was written in an earlier post on this thread lampooning the NSC miserablists... you have only forgotten to criticise Gaetan Bong...!!! [emoji3][emoji3]

(Have I been "whooshed" here?)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
That is almost word for word what was written in an earlier post on this thread lampooning the NSC miserablists... you have only forgotten to criticise Gaetan Bong...!!! [emoji3][emoji3]

(Have I been "whooshed" here?)

i'm afraid the performance was there , emblazoned across my 56 inch telly box ......CH post match interview stated a few time " we rode our luck , the central pair and keeper were outstanding".........i still maintain we sat back and allowed them to play themselves into the game .......they made shelves look like gerrard in his prime , time to move on though petal......3 points in the bag , looking forward to wolves.......on another note goykres sound like he's doing some damage for the swedish u 21's .......could be a find.....

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

-won’t concede many
-CH very underrated

Can't argue with any of that.
After Saturday, Duffy in Garth Crooks' team of the week, while Dunk and Bruno in the Guardian Team of the Weekend. I think we must be quite good at this defending lark.

Just focus on the defender nearest to the penalty spot throughout the clip. He definitely deflects the ball.
He (Kayal) sort of flicked his right foot up and back. A slight twist of the ankle.
Two conflicting opinions here, neither of which have been disputed. This isn't what I expect of NSC! Unfortunately it's a .gif and not a clip, so does that mean it can't be slowed down?
Next up, Wolverhampton United.
We could easily beat them! 160px-Wolverhampton_United_F.C._logo.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here