Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
How is it shocking? Team are playing is setup to try and contain Spurs as much as possible and have mostly done so.

I think the idea of a match is both teams try to win .

Obviously you have to defend but this akin to standing the whole team on the line for 90 mins hoping for a draw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Chris needs to earn his salt now.

NEC-Nijmegen

Jun 5, 2015
CH could have build upon the second half performance against Southampton, in stead he decided to go with the first half squad and playing style.

Shame.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shame but can’t say a goal wasn’t coming somehow. We haven’t been allowed to play at all. Damage limitation now or go for it and risk a thumping?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
CH, 9 times out of 10, simply sets out teams not to concede against 'better' opposition, with a 10 man defence. That is the THE game plan. When the opposition score, we're f*cked.

In overall terms, it works because we stayed up.

But there are so many games where Brighton aren't in it, making it a totally unenjoyable and pricey half day out.

Shirley football can give a better experience that that?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Was a hand ball. Not convinced it was a free-kick though!

It was. There’s one angle where it clearly shows that Bong clips Kane’s ankles together causing him to trip.

Correct all round I’m afraid :(

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
How is it shocking? Team are playing is setup to try and contain Spurs as much as possible and have mostly done so.

We’re playing at HOME to a team in the middle of a ‘mini crisis’, low on confidence and with their 3rd choice keeper and we haven’t had a shot?! Shocking performance, we’ve not even defended that well and could be 2/3 down if it wasn’t for Matty and them being wasteful.

Why haven’t we learnt lessons from the last 2 games?

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Rare to see a team in its second season in the prem being dominated at home, by a team not quite top 4 quality. So little
ambition and attacking threat. (My half time moaning has caused comebacks in the last 2 games)

Arvin

Jul 24, 2018
Washington DC
No point in containment now, needs to be more eagerness pushing up, more runs behind defenders and much hungrier pressing.

Don’t think Spurs deserved that goal, but a very frustrating one to give away.

I can see this spurs side caving if Brighton start to pack on some pressure. There just needs to be the willingness to do so

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here