Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sir Glenn

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
He gets the job done time and time again. Proven legend and yet many a fan still have their knickers in a twist about him going to Palace.

Probably only because he chose to go to Palace. He had other options but Palace was where he wanted to go. If Sellhurst was his only option then you could never argue with it but I get why it is always going to niggle.

Having said that, I wonder where we would be without him now. Redemption Day!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Probably only because he chose to go to Palace. He had other options but Palace was where he wanted to go. If Sellhurst was his only option then you could never argue with it but I get why it is always going to niggle.

What were the other options? How much were the other sides offering wages wise?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
He did look pretty chuffed after he scored the pen. In the pre game warm up, the last thing they do are 10 yard (mtr) sprints. Glen and Solly lined up against each other. Glen won, he looked quite chuffed then too.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I don't think he did have any other reasonable options, but in any case people need to realise that players don't have the same one club loyalty as us fans, professional footballers have a career that lasts maybe fifteen years if they are lucky, and they need to make as much money as they possibly can in that time. I have no bug to bear with any player who makes the same choice as Glenn did.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't know what other clubs may have made offers for him - I understood it was because Poyet was desperate to "upgrade" to CMS and didn't offer him a decent contract to stay. I assume from a player's point of view, Palace would be a logical choice if the money was right - no need to move house, uproot the family, change the kids' schools and all that palaver.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Wasn’t one of the major considerations that he could then realistically still ‘live’ in Brighton by joining CP ..did he have that choice with these other options?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Murray will be a very hard player to replace. Locadia is our Benteke . Utterly woeful. Thankfully he coast half as much.

Hopefully Andone will be a shrewd signing but i can't see him being as prolific as Murray.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Throughout he remained living in Brighton (who could blame him, he loves this brilliant city), so it made complete sense that he went to our near rivals.

Anyway, he wanted to stay. The bullshitters who said that he schemed to leave were proved once and for all wrong, when (even) Poyet blamed the club for alleged budget 2011 restrictions, in an interview with The Argus a couple of years later. Murray had wanted to stay, but Poyet didn't want him rewarded with Championship level pay.

Anyway, fast forward to 2016 .... brilliant value at £2m, the return of a brilliant forward.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Better not be the 468 from the Elephant to Croydon.

Just in case anyone thinks you're making up random bus numbers and routes .....

468 Bus.jpg

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Joint second top scorer in the Premier League after five game having shown balls of steel to tuck that penalty away tonight.

But, the celebrations of the man! For a dour miserable Northerner who never smiles (nor applauds the fans), he seems to be absolutely LOVING each and every goal he sticks away.

What a man!

Cant be true - There's been calls for Troy Deeney to be in the England squad and he's only got 2

Harry Kane I in the England Squad and he has only got 2

Player of the Year last year Mo Salah has only got 2 and he is by all accounts ''The Darling'' of the Fountain of Knowledge Football Pundits

Even the Goal Machine that is Manchester City have Aguero topping their list with 3

Where has it all gone wrong for Sky Sports - Surely their little prodigy's can't be trailing the ''Journeyman'' that is Glen Murray - Alan Shearer won't be able to leave the hoose till all has been rectified

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Well he chose to go back to BHA but still a legend up the road with us lot as well...why oh why did that Pratt Pardew get rid:tantrum::angry:

Probably because he wasn't seen as a household name and still isn't by the greater majority of PL managers

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
On a number of levels I actually think I love Glenn Murray.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here