Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Surrey County Cricket Champions

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I'm surprised no one has congratulated Surrey on winning the County Championship.

A fantastic achievement winning with a blend of home grown youth and experience in Clarke and Dernbach and a combination of a great overseas bowler in Morkel and batting from Finch and Elgar.

Considering that The Oval is the best batting wicket in the country to bowl sides out twice is a brilliant achievement. The future of English cricket is in safe hands with youthful talent of the Currans, Burns, Pope, Foakes, Virdi and many other young players blooded in the Surrey side.

Runs away to put on tin hat, Come on The Rey.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
The first season in a long time not decided by rain, they are fully deserving Champions. 10 wins out of 12 is astonishing, 100 points ahead of 3rd place and with players away on international duty most of the summer, you have to hand it to them.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
The first season in a long time not decided by rain, they are fully deserving Champions. 10 wins out of 12 is astonishing, 100 points ahead of 3rd place and with players away on international duty most of the summer, you have to hand it to them.

Come on the Rey !!!

Even though I only watch Sussex these days.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Surrey won?
giphy.gif

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
This.

I’ve always regarded them as the Man United of county cricket.

Not sure that is the case several of the current players have come through the youth teams. Surrey have invested into youth with a blend of experience, hence the reason in the last year three young Surrey players have represented England.

Be awful if Sussex won the league by paying over the odds to players like Mushtaq and Goodwin, oh hang on.....

Being a county with a Test ground doesn't guarantee success look at Middlesex, Glamorgan and Warwickshire all in Division Two.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Not sure that is the case several of the current players have come through the youth teams. Surrey have invested into youth with a blend of experience, hence the reason in the last year three young Surrey players have represented England.

Be awful if Sussex won the league by paying over the odds to players like Mushtaq and Goodwin, oh hang on.....

Being a county with a Test ground doesn't guarantee success look at Middlesex, Glamorgan and Warwickshire all in Division Two.
Yawn. Being by far the richest club in the country must have just a teeny, weeny bit to do with it...

But that is just sour grapes...

Well done Surrey! A brilliant achievement. Who is the mastermind that coached this plucky group of homegrown talents and journeymen pros to an against the odds title win?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yawn. Being by far the richest club in the country must have just a teeny, weeny bit to do with it...

But that is just sour grapes...

Well done Surrey! A brilliant achievement. Who is the mastermind that coached this plucky group of homegrown talents and journeymen pros to an against the odds title win?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Alec Stewart

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here