Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace tell players to pay up to keep playing

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
[tweet]1037637389987008512[/tweet]

Disney is now going all-out on the charm offensive then. Its quite clear he was barely aware of their existence before this week, but now he's been SHAMED into acknowledging them, he's actually trying to pretend he's interested. It still absolutely beggars belief that a player has had to step in to help with their funding. A great gesture, but it truly does reflect terribly on the club. This transparent attempt at spin is utterly pathetic from their chairman.

But as we have been repeatedly told now, CPLFC has nothing whatsoever to to with CPFC, so I suppose he's not under any legal obligation.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
[tweet]1037637389987008512[/tweet]

Disney is now going all-out on the charm offensive then. Its quite clear he was barely aware of their existence before this week, but now he's been SHAMED into acknowledging them, he's actually trying to pretend he's interested. It still absolutely beggars belief that a player has had to step in to help with their funding. A great gesture, but it truly does reflect terribly on the club. This transparent attempt at spin is utterly pathetic from their chairman.

But as we have been repeatedly told now, CPLFC has nothing whatsoever to to with CPFC, so I suppose he's not under any legal obligation.

This is the bloke who takes a wage out of the club. He pays himself.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

so... The Guardian didnt see a letter, or its false? and the statement from the club "reserve team players, ... have been told their membership fees will be waived completely if they can find £250 sponsorship" is fake? sure the Guardian have a rep for inaccurate or poor economics, but they arent known for just making stuff up.
secondly, if there's no need to raise funds, what has Wilf so generously stepped in to provide? they need to get their story straight while they furiously back peddle on this.

well done Wilf for outclassing the entire club.

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Absolute word.

When you compare this whole embarrassing saga against the amazing work BHAFC do with Albion in the community - supporting multiple teams at all levels of the game - it demonstrates a staggering gulf in class between our clubs.

You'd like to think our resident NigeLLLLLLLs might be disappointed in the way their club has spunked away their near half-a-billion PL income (over the last five years!) but nope.. nothing but total defence of the party line. And what does CPFC2010 have to show for it? A one-man team that's an injury away from being relegation certainties.

I've only dipped in and out of this thread, (quite funny seeing Swillis absolutely owned by The Large One), but that seems to be the gist of it.

Palace, as evidenced by the posts of their fans on this thread, seem to want to have their cake and eat it. They were quite happy to hide behind the illusion that it was all just one happy family: "Look! We've got a Women's team! They share the same name, kit, copyrighted material, etc as the Men's team! We're inclusive, just like Brighton!" But as soon as a problem arises they change their tune: "Women's team? Separate entity, mate. Nothing to do with us."

As you say, the gulf in class is immense. It's a top-down thing of course; our class starts with Tony Bloom, everything flows from that.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I have to say, all credit to Mr Tumble for stumping up some of his recent pay rise to help out his clubs Women’s team.
I do, however, question the need for a player at the club having to finance a part of a multi- million pound businesses portfolio, unless, of course, there are cash flow problems in said business, as rumoured.

If he actually DID of course. You know full well that its all smoke and mirrors with the half-witted numpties up the road.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Out of interest, who actually repeatedly told you CPLFC has nothing whatsoever to to with CPFC?

That would be YOU, you utterly imbecilic mumpsimus.

CPFC2010 don’t own CPLFC

Or do I sense a beautifully executed change of tact?

"Oh I said they had nothing to do with CPFC.. not that they had nothing whatsoever to do with CPFC!" A refreshing change from your usual "whataboutery" response, but then that wouldn't really work in this case would it..

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Please stop spreading false rumours. CPFCL are definitely owned by CPFC, somebody who has no idea told me so on here.

The key point is CPFC don’t own CPLFC. It’s a simple fact that seems to have been missed by those delighting in this non story.

Personally I’d love NSC to sponsor one of the reserve players in any of the CPLFC teams. It would be both welcome and, dare I say it, Id personally find it bloody funny, heck I’d even publicly thank each and every one of you that did.

It would be the same as a palace fan helping to sponsor a Brighton game when they needed it.

Imagine that. :)

Out of interest, who actually repeatedly told you CPLFC has nothing whatsoever to to with CPFC?

Swillis and possibly yourself although it may have been phrased wrongly.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
"Oh shit. This makes us look really bad. Especially just after we've bribed Wilf with a kings bloody ransom to stay here"

"Just get a press release out denying EVERYTHING. Smoke and mirrors, you know the drill. Oh, and get Wilf on the phone, tell him we'll say he's paying for it now. Positive spin and all that"

"I'm on it"
Is 100% what happened.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
basically, the Ladies are still an independent club with the same need to have financial input from members as any other non-professional club

They are independent of the men's team, most teams players in their league have to find their own sponsors to pay their way. Anyone has to pay their subs in amateur sports. they have no legal connection to CPFC.

The key point is CPFC don’t own CPLFC.

Earlier you tried to say that CPFC and CPFCL are legally connected, they are not.

YYou originally started by blaming CPFC, when in fact they are separate entities.

I think the narrative is fairly clear there. You and your fellow goonsquad members have been at great pains to point out the lack of connection, legal and otherwise, between CPFC2010 and CPLFC. Which of course means there is no financial obligation in legal terms from CPFC2010 to fund the lot. MORALLY you'd think there would be, but then I know morals is a dirty word in the CPFC2010 boardroom.

Unless you're going to try to have it BOTH ways of course, ie "we're not connected in that they are formed as a separate company, but we ARE connected in that its a great community programme that bears our name and some of our sponsors also sponsor them, and now one of our players is sponsoring them too".

In other words, you'll spin it whatever way you can to in order to make your shit smell like roses. As per usual.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
That would be YOU, you utterly imbecilic mumpsimus.

Or do I sense a beautifully executed change of tact?

"Oh I said they had nothing to do with CPFC.. not that they had nothing whatsoever to do with CPFC!" A refreshing change from your usual "whataboutery" response, but then that wouldn't really work in this case would it..

How have you managed to interpret ‘CPFC2010 do not own CPLFC’ as CPFC dont have anything to do with them?

It’s a completely different statement.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch

I think the narrative is fairly clear there. You and your fellow goonsquad members have been at great pains to point out the lack of connection, legal and otherwise, between CPFC2010 and CPLFC. Which of course means there is no financial obligation in legal terms from CPFC2010 to fund the lot. MORALLY you'd think there would be, but then I know morals is a dirty word in the CPFC2010 boardroom.

Unless you're going to try to have it BOTH ways of course, ie "we're not connected in that they are formed as a separate company, but we ARE connected in that its a great community programme that bears our name and some of our sponsors also sponsor them, and now one of our players is sponsoring them too".

In other words, you'll spin it whatever way you can to in order to make your shit smell like roses. As per usual.

The only thing I was a “great pains” to say was ‘CPFC2100 don’t own CPLFC’.

All that other stuff is in your head.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

The fact that CPLFC are having to exist as a separate company from CPFC2010, thereby removing any financial obligation of your club towards them, is highly convenient for Disney et-al, I'm sure. It means they can bask in any positives and good publicity that come about from the Ladies team, who are naturally associated with Crystal Palace FC by everyone else, whilst not actually having to do anything - ie they can actually get someone else to stump up all the subs for them, removing any financial obligation. Quite smart, when you think about it. Shoddy, but smart.

Of course A DECENT community club, one that is also currently benefiting from the riches of the Premier League gravy train, would (you would think) recognise the important message and values the womens football team represents within the community. Therefore it would naturally incorporate the Ladies team within its own business remit, without it having to be listed as a separate company, and would fully fund it accordingly. In other words, proudly TAKE OWNERSHIP of them.

Not your mob though. Apparently.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

In which case, why bother posting about the subject in the first place. Who cares?

So the women's club has separate ownership? So what?

How does that affect the fact that Palace not funding them properly is a disgrace?

All you boys ever have is semantics. Take a step back and try (I know it's difficult) to see what utter fools you are making of yourselves. Yet again.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Of course A DECENT community club, one that is also currently benefiting from the riches of the Premier League gravy train, would (you would think) recognise the important message and values the womens football team represents within the community. Therefore it would naturally incorporate the Ladies team within its own business remit, without it having to be listed as a separate company, and would fully fund it accordingly. In other words, proudly TAKE OWNERSHIP of them.

Not your mob though. Apparently.

What if CPLFC don’t want CPFC to take ownership of them?

What if it’s their preferred choice?

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
How have you managed to interpret ‘CPFC2010 do not own CPLFC’ as CPFC dont have anything to do with them?

It’s a completely different statement.

So why did you make the first statement? What was the point you were trying to make?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here