Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
It's interesting that amongst the "we had the greatest atmosphere" or "our famous support, now gone" or "the thing that made us unique" type posts, there are actually loads of normal Palace fans who saw the hoodie chavs for what they were. A total embarrassment.

Evidenced by one of them pointing out that most away fans sang "what the ****ing hell is that?!" at their pathetic displays of wanky flags, shit songs and crayon drawn banners.

So yes, they actually needed a drum and a bunch of sad twats going "Whoah oh whoah...." all game to create any sort of noise. Which we knew, all other away fans knew and if they were being honest with themselves, Palace fans knew.

Orchestrated "atmosphere" always gets found out and Palace have been the worst for that with their MLS style light shows, t-shirt cannons, goal music etc.

The "HF" are just another cringeworthy string to the same hollow, rotten bow that is CPFC2010 Ltd. Parish falling out with them and vice versa is just pure comedy.

One thing I have really noticed is the same thing that I read about on hear. Without the HF and the (bloody ) drum you have 3 or 4 groups all singing different songs at different times and speed, so instead of one loud song you get just a noise and the only thing that unites is the old fashioned Eagles chant. I also noticed all the HF in the ground and having a drink and a sing song but then a large chunk of them went off to Block E while others took their place in block B, but not a black hoody in site !

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I think it's amazing and totally arrogant how the HF think they have a right to pick and choose where to sit " so that they can create a better atmosphere". How self-indulged are they to think they are better than other Palace fans (like at the Brighton game) just because they wear black and bang a drum.

I don't get why they didn't just accept the decision made and wait a couple of years when the new stand is built, and then the club can relocate them to Block E (or whatever it is they want to go), but no, they've thrown their toys of the pram.

The funny thing in all of this is that some fans think because there is no HF now, that's the reason why they're losing at home! hahaha! Nothing to do with having an average team with one diving superstar! hahahaha!

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Someone mentioned it on their thread - the andrex ultras have been going for 10 years now, it must be a lot of effort making the displays and they don't seem very integrated with the rest of their support, not one person on BBS claims to be part of the group or know any of them personally.

I reckon they've got bored of doing it and this is their excuse to stop without looking like the two bob mugs that we know they really are.

Have you seen their 'displays'?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I always find international breaks fairly boring, so, hopefully this will keep going and entertain us al for at least another couple of weeks.

Prince Charming, don’t give in to the spotty Herbert’s!!

Spotty Herberts, you are the soul of the club, no surrender!!

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
It's just hilarious. This is a particular favourite

[tweet]1036319271658377218[/tweet]

Yes Christian, all that's standing between Palace and European glory is letting a bunch of black hoodie wearing tosspots sit in the centre of the stand.

It seems to have escaped him that they've claimed for about the last seven seasons that the Always Ultras generate a fearsome, European style atmosphere. It doesn't appear to have assisted Palace in getting "to another level" in that time (unless he means their annual flirt with relegation to the Championship).

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The level of claim and counterclaim; support and rebuttal; outage against outrage is quite head-spinningly dizzying. And quite funny.

There are those (correctly IMO) stating that there is no way STH should move for the hooded binliners, while their supporters are saying that they miss them, and that they need them back - at ANY cost, as without them, they don't have an atmosphere [sic] to speak of. This thought process overlooks one plain and simple consideration that these potty-mouth halfwits have yet to realise...

It's EVERYONE'S responsibility to create an atmosphere - not just leaving it to 100 self-important gobshites.

Oh well, their problem.

I'm off to buy shares in Pringles.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It seems to have escaped him that they've claimed for about the last seven seasons that the Always Ultras generate a fearsome, European style atmosphere. It doesn't appear to have assisted Palace in getting "to another level" in that time (unless he means their annual flirt with relegation to the Championship).

It's because they've not been in one of the centre blocks, that's all that is holding Palace back. I cannot believe they've not realised this before, they could have saved themselves loads on transfer fees and wages.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So that is where their European football plan all fell apart

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
[tweet]1036296315012083712[/tweet]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stunned at the amount of people criticising the people not willing to move for no reason other than The Holmesdale Building Society Fans want a better view.

The "ultras first for the greater good" rhetoric is appalling, even for that lot.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
We kept the usual allocation of 100 seats in Block B available on exclusive option to the group as we have in previous seasons....

We are not aware of any club embracing and working with a supporter group in the way Crystal Palace has done with the Holmesdale Fanatics, the safety group and the authorities.
I suppose clubs can sell tickets to who they want but priority booking on seats purely based on noise and attire seems, at best, shady.

Should the group choose not to return, we know the 23 plus thousand of us that remain will do our level best to make the atmosphere at Selhurst Park as vibrant and positive as it has always been.
:stupid::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear

Perhaps they can have a new special area behind some new cladding and net curtains.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
f2d003ebfae4c5e46f1647f062a56134.jpg

"NO MATTER WHAT"

DmEyrVMX0AAbVhq.jpg

Oh dear.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Gazbod on twitter,

Well respected.

How many times have you heard/read opponents admiration for us as a clubs support. Of all of us, not just the HF.

A huge part of that IS the HF. I simply cannot believe anyone that doesn't agree with that at least. As supporters we are leagues ahead. #CPFC

I really don’t have the words, delusion on an industrial scale.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Gazbod on twitter,

Well respected.

How many times have you heard/read opponents admiration for us as a clubs support. Of all of us, not just the HF.

A huge part of that IS the HF. I simply cannot believe anyone that doesn't agree with that at least. As supporters we are leagues ahead. #CPFC

I really don’t have the words, delusion on an industrial scale.
It's hilarious! It's always been about them/for them. - The club, the team, the palace fans and the game itself were just a vehicle for their self love.

The statement that they felt that they'd taken their support as far as they could from their current seats is extraordinary from 'fan's who refer to themselves as ultras. To then give it up when they don’t get their way is beyond belief. For the (presumably genuine supporters??) to fawn and pander to such a childish act is quite frankly just Crystal Palace.

They have absolutely excelled. They have even surpassed their change of colours and other reinventions in search of some form of identity.

There simply is no one that comes close to them. Step back and be thankful to have a rival as clueless and unselfish with their tinpottery. The gift will keep on giving - sit back and enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
That said, which is true, I do wish we could unify a bit in the North Stand. From the East Upper it often seems like there are up to three chants going at the same time. Can't be easy, I know, but the away atmosphere and unity always seems so much better.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The main thing I really don't understand about the whole'Ultra' concept is, they first copied the idea from the continent about 10 years ago.
Since then, they have been a constant in Selhurst Park, apart from a few Cup games against lower opposition, and yet, no other English club has followed their lead, no supporter instigated'displays', no droany Euro chants, no basic colour coordinated uniforms.

If this style of support was universally admired and envied, then, surely other clubs and fans woukd have nicked the idea, and by now we would be snowed under with faux German/ East European crowd bellendery, cos, football fans pinch ideas off each other all the time.

I would suggest the reason we're not snowed under is, most fans see it for what it is, embarrassing, and a substitute for a real organic atmosphere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here