Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glenn Murray, and why the old-school is timeless

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Sorry I didn't realise this is a blinkers only thread, my mistake.

It's not just this reply though is it. Time and time again you post negative comments about the Albion, just wondered if you were a little more upbeat in real life .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's not just this reply though is it. Time and time again you post negative comments about the Albion, just wondered if you were a little more upbeat in real life .

No I'm not, but then again I am also the poster praised for his upbeat reply in the under 23's thread.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The point Glenn makes about CH giving the players who are already here a decent crack shows just how good Hughton’s man management skills are and why we have such a close knit squad. The newbies will be given their chance and may be difficult to move, if they live up to expectations, but even they seem to be behind Hughton’s philosophy on new players, from the interviews I’ve read. Togetherness is really important for lesser PL clubs like us, if we are to survive.

I am really interested in how Fulham get on this season having already replaced most of the first team players that got them promoted with expensive newcomers. That has to cause some resentment from the old players surely. They haven’t even been given a chance so far, not such great man management and likely to cause rifts imo.

I was reading that the better clubs/managers integrate new players gradually as their season develops. Frustrating for fans who to see Jahanbakhsh for example, but better results.

West Ham seemed to bung a whole load of their new recruits at once, and they’ve not looked pretty as a team.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It doesn't mention one of his key attributes - the ability to 'win' free kicks, whether he has really been fouled or not. That does more to relieve pressure than controlling a pass.

Didn't anyone see the penalty awarded against Charlton midweek against Peterborough? The dive by the posh player would have made Zaha blush!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here