Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Still 7 points clear

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Usual story. Premature celebrations after Arsenal game. Job nearly done. Only need 4 points from Leics and Udders. What has followed is four thoroughly unprofessional performances riddled with simple errors, loss of concentration and scandalous wastefulness. The squad has been shown up for its complete lack of quality in certain areas. A complete failure to score goals from midfield and a continuation of an appalling away record. Before today, no team in the top ten tiers of English football had scored fewer away goals.

A lot of home truths in that. You might get picked on.

If we can just nick survival, several quality recruits are required this summer, in central defence, 2 x centre mid and 2 x centre forwards.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
It's quite conceivable that Hudds don't pick up another point (it was a real blow them getting a 90th minute winner today). They have Everton at home, then Man City & Chelsea away, and Arsenal at home. The only prob is that Arsenal will be 100% on the beach by then, so who knows. I can also see Swansea getting nothing from their next three - Man City (Away), Chelsea (Home), then Bournemouth (Away). That would make Swansea v Southampton on 8th May absolutely huge. It's a day before we play Man City....not sure if that will help!!

It won't. Brace yerself for a hammering.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
It is amazing that almost every year the last day of the season is a bun fight and someone goes down who it is expected they wouldn't.

I just hope it is not us.

I really do think we have shot ourselves in the foot. We were expecting points from Leicester at home, Town at home and palace away ( and bizzarly some people are suggesting we will get something at Burnley) when actuallynwe have got 1 out of 9.

Actually, we have taken 1 out of the last 12.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Today felt a bit like the end of the line - we have a team of players who want to be in the Prem but don't really understand the importance of the rivalry. They may keep us up but it's all a stepping stone.

If they had won today, but didn't understand the importance of the rivalry, would that have been ok?
Or won against Hudds, and or WBA. but lost today, and didn't understand the importance of the rivalry?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I still think we'll muster a point or two somewhere along the line. Although we're playing big teams, what do any of them have to play for? Spurs might on Tuesday as top 4 isn't done but City will have won the league, United and Liverpool will be safely in top 4.

Wishful thinking.
They will all have too much class for us, even in 2nd gear. Throw in the cluster of mistakes that have characterised our game recently and they will all have straightforward wins.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think some of you are forgetting just how shite Stoke and Southampton are
I think you weren't there today. We are shite too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Unfortunately we’ve been in full on “Baldock crowd surfing down a train carriage “ mode since the Arsenal game,I think we’re in trouble..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I think you weren't there today. We are shite too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I cannot believe that any PL side has played worse this season than we did for 25 minutes today. We looked like a non-league outfit and that is being kind.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Thing is in those last couple of games saints will find something in their desperation and it may well make a difference to their results..
Problem we have is that while we will find a bit extra too, the quality of opposition is such that it may not make a big enough difference.
I hate to say it, but I think we are favourites to go down., with stoke and West Brom

That's about as glass-half-empty as it gets. We're not even close to favourites to go down with them, we're 14-1 fourth-favourites in a field of six.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Unfortunately we’ve been in full on “Baldock crowd surfing down a train carriage “ mode since the Arsenal game,I think we’re in trouble..

It begs the question as to what message is being conveyed to the players. it seems we have a fairly passive management team, happy to heap praise on the opposition at every opportunity but seemingly unable to fire the players up to try and get them out of this early game lethargy and to try and start on the front foot , particularly away from home.
ps....WHAT THE HELL DOES TROLLOPE DO?

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
IMHO opinion we need to replace our two midfielders. Both are slow and prone to giving away free kicks in dangerous positions. Neither get involved in breaking up tackles and very rarely venture into the opposition half. If we do not address this we will continually rely on bottom clubs getting worse results than us

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
That's about as glass-half-empty as it gets. We're not even close to favourites to go down with them, we're 14-1 fourth-favourites in a field of six.

Why is that glass half empty ? It’s a realistic and reasonable opinion.
It’s us or saints.
We have the seven point gap , they have a much easier run in.
And our odds have narrowed today. 9/1 inside bet365 website (even though it still says 14s if you google it).
Glass half empty view would be - we are down already. I’m not saying that, I’m saying I see us as favourites to take third spot.
I just hope the boys have got something left. I had today down as our most likely win.
I hope he starts Anthony in the run in . He is the kind of character we need

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Despite our poor form and remaining fixtures being so tough, I think we will just about be ok with 35 points. Looking at Southampton and Stokes remaining games, it really is hard to see where either of them will get enough points to overtake us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here