Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The coastal streamer has developed nicely now. Mainly offshore but coast East of Brighton will be getting snow from this.
20180226_091639.png

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I have two meetings in Birmingham tomorrow that could probably be handled by conference call. I'm guessing the conference call would be a better idea than attempting to travel there and back!?

BBC are predicting SNOWMAGEDDON on Thursday. Interesting that so many on this thread usually predict the opposite of what they're saying.

I'd avoid making that journey if I were you.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Snowflakes starting to appear in Horsham, the Daily Mail readers' eyes are popping out in fury

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Made my normal commute around the western M25 (up the A22 from Uckfield, M25 around to M4 for a quick blast, then north to Uxbridge). No snow until I got to the M25, from there it was variable. Not settling appreciably until I got to Uxbridge - primarily because the snow, while large clumpy stuff, is so dry and light that it just gets blown away from any surfaces that aren't sheltered.

Going to be keeping an eye on the weather radar all day, as there's some stretches of the A22 that could get tricky if it starts to build up.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Proper flumping it on my journey up the Guildford Road, near Cranleigh.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We didn't finalise an approved Flumpdex....

I propose a 5 level scale - like Hurricanes.

Level 5 = Flumping
Level 4 ?
Level 3?
Level 2?
Level 1 = Flurries

larus

The snow is pepping up north of Crawley and into London now. Snowing lightly in Croydon and a covering plus what looks like a coastal streamer developing along the Kent and East Sussex coast

I'd expect the snow to expand and develop today.

Later today the snow showers will get heavier, so overnight could be interesting.

I still think the Thursday to Friday event will end wet and less Cold, but these is still some hope for it to stay Cold, but I'd only say about 10% chance at the moment

The models appear to to be splitting that Iberian low and taking the main part west of Ireland, and another part east through the channel, keeping the cold air in and increased chance of serious flumpage here. (Usual caveats about the models can change etc.).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's stopped now but the snowflakes that have fallen, haven't melted. It's quite pretty seeing whole snowflakes laying on top of the wheelie bin.
Blue skies at the moment, but clouds on the eastern horizon.

Starting again but just level 1 flurries.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The models appear to to be splitting that Iberian low and taking the main part west of Ireland, and another part east through the channel, keeping the cold air in and increased chance of serious flumpage here. (Usual caveats about the models can change etc.).

Still far too much of a mess to call it either way. I'd rather err on the side of disappointment for now, and IF it stays cold, well that's a bonus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here