Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leyton Orient

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
He bought the club for a fiver and sold it to an Italian in 2014 - it went downhill very quickly from there. His company retained ownership of the ground. This remind you of anything?

Good old Barry Eh?
you can always rely on him , to line his own pockets ,
Spiv .

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I'd like to go back 20 years & give Barry Hearn a glimpse in to the future. Can't forget what he wanted to happen to us. A lot of Karma around at the moment.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Given that Leyton Orient is in a rough part of London, suspect some of their fans may turn up at millwall.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Yes I believe this is true, with I believe a secure tenancy agreement for quite a number of years, for the extended life of the football club, a cynic may say cut it loose to wither and die then to continue the redevelopment of the very valuable real estate! but that could not possibly be true could it?

He owns those flats built on the ground I believe. That's probably why he didn't sell the freehold

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If the owner can sort out the financial side of the club, assuming that he wants to, and get a semi decent manager in the lower leagues like Steve Gritt or Mickey Adams and they should get back into the FL quite soon. The best answer but it wont happen is for Barry Hearn or his son to buy the club back very cheaply as a bankrupt non league club..

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
It was only 3 years ago that they were so near to the Championship - losing on penalties to Rotherham at Wembley in the play off league 1 final. Having been 2.0 up as well. Things can change mighty quickly as Orient and maybe Blackburn , ex Premier League champions may find out

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
We should let "Watford O" , "I LIKE CANDLES" back. So many more idiotic twats on here, than him. Why was he banned? Originally some ill timed remarks about a Leeds supporter, long departed, blown out of all proportion. He had some classic tussles with [MENTION=277]looney[/MENTION], but I suppose most on here don't go back that far.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Sorry to see their plight and hope to see them back in the league asap.

He bought the club for a fiver and sold it to an Italian in 2014 - it went downhill very quickly from there. His company retained ownership of the ground. This remind you of anything?

I think i read recently that he gave them a 20 year lease on the ground when he sold, with an option to extend it for another 20 years should the club wish to do so. He said he did this to try to safeguard the future of the club because you can never tell how new owners will work out and wanted to try to give them some security

As others have said, they have gone from the brink of the Championship to non league in the couple of years after he sold up and if he had also sold the ground to the new owners (who seems to care very little about the club given their plight) then what's to say that the new owners would have try to keep the club going following this relegation and get back into the league rather than just cash in on the assets, including the ground?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It was only 3 years ago that they were so near to the Championship - losing on penalties to Rotherham at Wembley in the play off league 1 final. Having been 2.0 up as well. Things can change mighty quickly as Orient and maybe Blackburn , ex Premier League champions may find out

Some of our nouveau fans would do well to pay heed to these words..

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Given that Leyton Orient is in a rough part of London, suspect some of their fans may turn up at millwall.

What a strange thing to say. Palace are in a rough part of London too but I can't see them turning up at the Den any time soon.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Charlton
Blackpool
Coventry

The football authorities seem toothless in law in being able to deal with shocking owners.

Thankfully the Albion managed to oust its crooks, but I realise they had no motivation left once they'd asset stripped the freehold property.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
I feel a moment should be taken from our celebrations ,and a thought given to Leyton Orient.....They had their Hereford moment today......and got relegated out of the league.We are very lucky to have had ,in the first instance Dick Knight,and now Tony Bloom.......

Bollocks!!!
Clearly recall their fans and **** chairman crying for us to be thrown out the league during our darkest times and having little or no sympathy for our plight at that time!
What goes around comes around....so couldn't care less about them!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Apologies I thought Leyton orient was near millwall hence my comment, I stand corrected

I don't think that's how things work, even if clubs are near. People who support Leyton Orient (when it would be easier to support West Ham or Tottenham, say) do so for a reason. Many years ago, I found myself wondering what I'd do if Archer & Bellotti's plans had come to fruition and the Albion had gone to the wall. I certainly wouldn't have started turning up at Selhurst, or Fratton, or some random Premier League team.

I wasn't sure any other team could ever fill the void, but I did start to think that maybe, given time- and no realistic Albion-related option- I could maybe have given Fulham a go at some point.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
So similar to us all those years ago. They'll be back, hope for their fans they don't have to wait too long

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Having "your" team is a birthright to most. Nobody should have that taken away from them. The football league as spineless as they usually are really need to be able to step in and take control in instances like this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here