Votes: 73 49.0%
  • Ok, but nothing special

Votes: 27 18.1%
  • Other

Votes: 10 6.7%

• Total voters

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
why even the thread, He has been very good this season.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
why even the thread, He has been very good this season.

Essentially, I think that as a defender, he's absolutely wretched but has looked very good as a midfielder so feel his switch to defence has weakened our team slightly. So I'm interested in getting the opinions of other fans which, I believe is the point of a forum, no?

Jul 7, 2003
He may have been good in midfield this season but not when playing as a right back.

He can be great going forward but is a liability in defence. He doesn't chase back when we lose possession. For their first goal today he was the best part of 40 yards from our goal, strolling back rather than going back to help his teammates. In the second half there was once occasion where Charlton broke away. Greer was making a real effort to sprint back into position but Bruno just stood there watching having a gentle jog back to the half way line.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He may have been good in midfield this season but not when playing as a right back.

He can be great going forward but is a liability in defence. He doesn't chase back when we lose possession. For their first goal today he was the best part of 40 yards from our goal, strolling back rather than going back to help his teammates. In the second half there was once occasion where Charlton broke away. Greer was making a real effort to sprint back into position but Bruno just stood there watching having a gentle jog back to the half way line.
MR LIABILITY. Doesn't track back, can't tackle, stands far too far off players hands behind back leg dangling out. Free cross to any one attacking down our right side. Can't cross, can't shoot.

Calderon is sooooo much better. More assists more goals better defender. Anyone who has any concrete evidence to the contrary please post. You won't find any.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Thanks to a comment from Edna a week or so ago, all I can see is him mincing :blush:

In the spirit of the thread, great footballer, dreadful defender

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Classy, one of the first names on the team sheet I imagine.

Most of our best moves involve him in some way.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Classy, one of the first names on the team sheet I imagine.

Most of our best moves involve him in some way.

You are joking me, right?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Nope, I am a big Bruno fan.

OK then please tell me was good about him? Honestly as right back I'm baffled. Today he offered first half one cross behind everyone, he passed backwards or side ways, he failed, no could not be f**ked to track back when they scored. Second half his attempted crosses hit the first defender, he never bothered to track back. All of this pretty systematic of his average game when playing in that position. Calderon has time and time again been pivotal in changing the game in our favour Bruno just doesn't. The stats do not lie.

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Really really don't like him football wise. Shows very occasional flashes of brilliance but just count up the number of times our players pass to the opposition and he will be top of the list by a mile. Doesn't show the same do or die commitment that we have come to admire in favourite players like Adam El Abd, Danny Cullip or even Andy Whing. Marcos Painter may not have had the same level of ability but he certainly put the effort in. And, of course, how could anyone in their right mind prefer him to Calde?! (That bit is said toungue in cheek and with humour - don't need a Saturday night lecture on how three successive managers have preferred him!)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
All i've learned from this thread is that [MENTION=2928]PILTDOWN MAN[/MENTION] doesn't like Bruno. Though he does need to tell us several times.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
MR LIABILITY. Doesn't track back, can't tackle, stands far too far off players hands behind back leg dangling out. Free cross to any one attacking down our right side. Can't cross, can't shoot.

Calderon is sooooo much better. More assists more goals better defender. Anyone who has any concrete evidence to the contrary please post. You won't find any.

Is the opinion of 3 successive managers concrete?

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Part of me wishes he'd simplify his football. There have been moments of tekkers that have paid off, particularly during his first season, but I think he'd be a much better player if he just got the straight forward stuff right before trying clever little flicks and other shenanigans.

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Call me psychic - I just knew the phrase '3 successive managers' would appear, as forseen in my post above!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here