Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Fight for your place and test yourself at the top level or drop down to the league you were just in with a team that stayed up on the last day?

If he's been told that he's unlikely to be first choice, and there's the carrot of a three year contract at Birmingham where he is almost certainly to be playing every week, then perhaps it seems a good deal.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Just looked at the Championship list of clubs for 2017/18.

I have to say, it looks like a fight for 200 Benson & Hedges and a bottle of Vodka in a prison yard!

So happy we are where we are.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Unless he was told he wasn't going to be No.1 next season, he's showing a massive lack of ambition here.

Surely a 2 year deal and another chance at, not only the premier league, but at getting into the England squad by far outweighs 3 more years in the championship?

Thought he was excellent for us and wish him all the best.

Genuinely a really nice bloke.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
If he's been told that he's unlikely to be first choice, and there's the carrot of a three year contract at Birmingham where he is almost certainly to be playing every week, then perhaps it seems a good deal.

Well, if he does not want to test himself at the highest level possible, fight for his place and try to gain an England cap then that is up to him. The laughable thing is that according to most Brum fans he prob is not even going to be first choice there!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Well, if he does not want to test himself at the highest level possible, fight for his place and try to gain an England cap then that is up to him. The laughable thing is that according to most Brum fans he prob is not even going to be first choice there!

Curiouser and curiouser, as Alice once said.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Given the obsession with ex-players where are the bring back Kuszczak brigade?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
So NSC links a player with Chelsea and they go onto sign for Birmingham.

Hmmm, gotta be up there with some of the very best ITK bullshit EVER...

...well played all involved.
Wasn't it a newspaper that linked him?

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Absolutely flummoxed by this one.

Then again. the world can't get any weirder.

I'm sure he'll wake up in the morning and think, "what the hell have I done?"

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Absolutely flummoxed by this one.

Then again. the world can't get any weirder.

I'm sure he'll wake up in the morning and think, "what the hell have I done?"

Indeed, in the George Best mould 'Where did it all go wrong'?
money-bed.jpg

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I don't think you can look at this in isolation

You just have to look at what the Manager has done since he has come to Brighton. He has gradually improved every position at the Club, transfer window to transfer window, season by season and this transfer window and season will be no different. You have to look to the future and expect a gradual influx of better players.

Brighton is not a Club that can go out and change a team wholescale and spend Unlimited amounts of money all at once. This is a progression and everyone should be looking to the future.

Great post and bang on.

I honestly don't think we wanted him that much or he would still be here - see Dale Stephens.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
To be fair, none of us know anything! This was a deal that no one expected. Good luck to him, he's been a great keeper for us, some memorable saves, and a thoroughly nice young man too.

Yes all of this.

But surely, when he can't play anymore, I think he'll sit down and wonder what could have been.

Money over professional pride. Still I guess he'll be retired at 40........... lucky g!t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here