Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joe Gomez

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7975231 said:
He was a highly rated Charlton teenager (player of the season even I think?) who was signed by Liverpool at 18, broke in to the first team squad straight away but was then sidlined with a broken foot and never got close to the first team again I think.

Indeed
And to add....

Played very well until injured

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bournemouth are a central defender short. We really don't want Joe Gomez going there.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
If it happened I would love this. Gomez is a class young player of the very highest pedigree. His career has been held back by a cruciate injury and he's gone down the Anfiemd pecking order since. Many Liverpool fans here rate him very highly. He would be worth a big outlay or a loan. His Liverpool contract is a long one (2022 I believe) so they may be unlikely to let him go easily.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If it happened I would love this. Gomez is a class young player of the very highest pedigree. His career has been held back by a cruciate injury and he's gone down the Anfiemd pecking order since. Many Liverpool fans here rate him very highly. He would be worth a big outlay or a loan. His Liverpool contract is a long one (2022 I believe) so they may be unlikely to let him go easily.

I am tempted to think he was on our list at the time he went to Liverpool. As was Van Dijik before he went to Celtic. FFP meant these players were out of our reach back then.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/fir...mez-signs-new-long-term-liverpool-fc-contract

We could afford Gomez wages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here