Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which of the current squad do you think might surprise us next season?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The myth about Norwood's passing is the one I do not get. He gives the ball away CONSTANTLY. His passing accuracy is actually shocking.

Nope Norwood is our best passer of the ball in the middle of the park.

It's easy to pass the ball sideways or backwards, Norwood finds that clever more incisive pass going forward much more than Stephens or Kayal, will be much much more useful in a 5 man midfield if that's the way we go.

Would rather we picked up at least 1 new central midfielder with premier league experience though, someone who can dictate the pace of our game and keep the ball better on tight areas

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Can I chuck in Dunk as the best passer please?
His cross field raking balls are a joy to behold, missus.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Goldson, the defence next season will be key as they are going to get barraged , Knocky will have to watch his temperament and distribute the ball a bit more.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Akpom gets signed permanently, becomes a sensation in the Prem for us, and all thanks to his bad/sulky attitude which he uses to effect becoming a Saurez/Costa type centre forward.

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
Jordan Maguire-Drew to step up from National League play-offs all the way to Premier League starlet.
He could be our Jamie Vardy...

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Uwe or Goldson if given the chance could be great. We have 4 amazeballs CBs though so one will sadly rot in the reserves unless we change our formation, which I'd be very suprised about if we do.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm hoping Kayal, who has been a shadow of the player he was last season.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Is it? Stats I have seen suggest he has a passing accuracy of 84%, only bettered in the side by Dale Stephens (I defer to Mr Harry Wilson's Tackle on that one) and Nikki Maenpaa. Shocking.

Ok, I will rephrase. When he gives the ball away it is always in a dangerous position and very careless. If he did that in the PL we would be screwed.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Nope Norwood is our best passer of the ball in the middle of the park.

It's easy to pass the ball sideways or backwards, Norwood finds that clever more incisive pass going forward much more than Stephens or Kayal, will be much much more useful in a 5 man midfield if that's the way we go.

I can think of one the entire season. People seem to say all these things about Norwood, his passing, his incisive balls etc but it seems to be said a lot without actual evidence.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Since when did your dad have the monopoly on being 5 foot 7?

I meant that I didn't realise Sam is as short as my dad was. That's tiny!

But . . . I think you may already know that's what I meant, you scamp.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Can I chuck in Dunk as the best passer please?
His cross field raking balls are a joy to behold, missus.

You can. I'm with [MENTION=206]Marshy[/MENTION] in thinking that Norwood is the best passer in our squad. He's got the best range of passing, and also has the vision to spot movement and see space. But we also have others. Dunk for sure is one. He can play short and, you're right, those long cross field passes are great, but we might need to see more mid-ranged passes from him to become the complete passer (Duffy is a bit better at this).
To throw out another candidate, Stockdale's passing really is highly effective. True, occasionally he'll hit the ball out but that's because many of his long kicks are aimed at a player standing on the touchline so the margins are tight. He's also given the ball away on (no more than) a handful of occasions, which I'm sure some on here will pick up on, but that's a tiny percentage in comparison to the consistent, accurate and often creative passing he provides for the team.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It wont be a surprise to us in the slightest but Solly is going to knock the socks off The PL pundits who are clueless to anything that has been going on outside the top flight.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
It wont be a surprise to us in the slightest but Solly is going to knock the socks off The PL pundits who are clueless to anything that has been going on outside the top flight.

Expect this a lot. Some might venture onto the BHA wiki page to do some research but for the main it'll be basics being utterly wrong.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
With more Sunday games in the Prem Uwe will have to provide more cover,especially if our 2 first choice CBs have had a big Saturday night down west street.
Can see Dunk turning up for a super Sunday game with a stone cold kebab and a traffic cone on his head.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I am less convinced. He has looked amazing a few times, but generally as a late substitute up against tiring defenders. I have been pretty unimpressed in most of the games I've seen him start. I'd suggest that he is our most over hyped player. Loads of potential though nowhere near the finished article and I will be very (pleasantly) surprised if he takes the PL by storm

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think all the defenders will be stars next year. If they are not, we won't survive.

I also do agree that Jamie will surprise teams next year. Very few forwards are truly consistent in the PL, not even in some of the top teams but we will not be there to be truly consistent in an attacking sense. We will be there to target games where we can pick up enough points to stay up and in the regard, the little fleeting moments of brilliance from Knockeart will turn the od 1 point match into 3 points and the fleeting breakaway running of Murphy might turn the occasional 1 point matches into a 3 point match and that will be the 3 reasons we stay up

1. Great collective defensively
2. The odd moment of magic from Knockeart
3. The occasional breakaway goal with Murphy somewhere at the heart of it

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Oh and a 4th one........The good recruitment of a new striker. but that wasn't the question of the thread

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I am less convinced. He has looked amazing a few times, but generally as a late substitute up against tiring defenders. I have been pretty unimpressed in most of the games I've seen him start. I'd suggest that he is our most over hyped player. Loads of potential though nowhere near the finished article and I will be very (pleasantly) surprised if he takes the PL by storm

That's been Solly's MO for the entirety of his time at the Albion.

Unfortunately that has been split by 2 big injuries, and we all know what happens to players on NSC when out with a long term injury

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Skalak.jpg

Nothing will surprise me next season. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here