Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Final Day Live TV Games Selected

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I sometimes wonder if the SkyTV cameras/hype affect the team. This season, we’ve been on SkyTV 17 times, involving a fairly balanced mix of 9 home games, 8 away, 10 against top half opponents.

Our SkyTV record is

P 17 W 10 D 1 L 6 F 27 A 16 Pts 31 GD 11 PPG 1.82 GDPG 0.65

Our non-televised games have yielded

P 28 W 18 D 7 L 3 F 46 A 23 Pts 61 GD 23 PPG 2.18 GDPG 0.82

Thus we have performed better off camera than on it and so perhaps it's a blessing that Villa isn’t being televised live.

Next Sunday will have a real cup final feel to it for the fans lucky enough to be there (including me!), enjoying the beamback at the Amex or listening in on Radio Sussex or Seagulls Player.

It’ll be wonderful for Albion to lift the trophy. The lads, CH and TB deserve and have thoroughly earned it, IMHO.

I live in hope that we'll achieve our goal and think that we’ll perform when it matters. It remains completely in our hands.

UTA

That's some excellent STATS thanks.

Kind of confirms what I already thought although it feels like we've done alright on FRIDAY night televised games.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
As mentioned in another thread, as a neutral I'd watch the thrilling climax of either Harry (Birmingham), Forest or Blackburn going down. Especially with matching points and one goal difference.
As I'll be at Villa I wonder how many Villa fans will stay at home hoping Brum go down?

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I'll be listening to possibly the final Warren and JC commentary on BBC Radio Sussex... it would be nice to have them again next season but suspect with us being PL and all that's not an option?
NOoooooooo! This better not be true, I cannot listen to a commentary without the great JC & WA duo, there must be a dispensation for local radio or maybe they will be contracted for the player service?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Anybody know if it'll be shown elsewhere for a possible stream? I'd pay BHAFC money to be able to stream the beamback to my laptop in the states. BeIn sports currently doesn't have anyone at all covered for next Sunday, I assume they were waiting for the Sky coverage and will cover it from there.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Balls.

Wish I'd snapped up a ticket for the beamback now.

For some reason I hadn't thought we'd have anything riding on this game three weeks ago. Probably because we REALLY should have sewn this up on Saturday.

Guess this goes to show how little importance is given to the Championship title now. Seems like once you're confirmed as promoted the actual trophy for finishing top is just a sideshow. AND YET I still really REALLY want us to win it

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Balls.

Wish I'd snapped up a ticket for the beamback now.

For some reason I hadn't thought we'd have anything riding on this game three weeks ago. Probably because we REALLY should have sewn this up on Saturday.

Guess this goes to show how little importance is given to the Championship title now. Seems like once you're confirmed as promoted the actual trophy for finishing top is just a sideshow. AND YET I still really REALLY want us to win it

Tickets for the screening are still available.

https://www.seagullstickets.com/en-gb/categories/away

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here