Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What were your house names at school?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I was at Saltdean Primary till '69. Dave Edwards was my class teacher for 2 years (but he never molested me!). I remember Miss Middleton who became Mrs Martin and went off to be a missionary. Miss Reeve was the headmistress. She died 3 or 4 years ago.

You've got 2 years on me ....
Mr Edwards - shiverers swimming club - I went a couple of times but I've never been one much for water - maybe I dodged a bullet?
Don't recall the other names you mention but French teacher was Mrs Tranter - her daughter was Alison [in my year].
Some of the "bigger boys" who may have been in your year - Nigel Martin (RIP), Sean? Tobin, Steve Mead, Jez Martin, Paul Hewish (poor lad), William Wade [lived in same road], Adrian King (my scout patrol leader), Paul Tarry, Paul Smith - any of them ring a bell?

Did you go on to Longhill?

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
I must know you cos I was in Chichester 69 to 76 and there were only 5 or 6 in Marshall in my year as they were the boarders. Nigel Parslow was one. Eddie ? big bruising ginger haired guy. Colin Printer.

Yeah, I remember those guys-They were two years older than me though-decent couple of lads

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
:salute:
Sandersons 82-85

:bigwave:

:clap2:

Going even further back...

Can anyone help?

Blundells
Lavies
Stewarts

That's going to annoy me for the rest of the day now, thanks for that!

:salute:
Sandersons 82-85

:clap2:

well i would have missed you apart from one year maybe and then you would have been completely irrelevant (being 4 years behind me) as I would have been to [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] (although i might remember him, he wouldn't me I doubt) and as for [MENTION=3788]Barrel of Fun[/MENTION] - he must still be in shorts!:moo:

Altogether now...

Triumphales! O sodales!
Cantilenus fundite!
Absit questus!
Dies festus!
Fulgit corda...

Victor Chandler

Sep 2, 2014
Haywards Heath
I went to Brighton Secondary Technical School in Hanover Terrace. The house names were Nash (red), Adams (Blue), Lutyens (green) and Wren (white). All named after well known architects. I was in Nash house. Great days.

Hi Swindon Seagull, When were you at BSTS in Hanover Terrace? I was in Wren (Yellow not white - Never did like yellow) from 71 to 76. We never won a thing. Seem to remember Nash (Red) winning everything. As you say happy days indeed.

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
Red - Red
Blue - Blue
Green - Green
Yellow - Yellow

Simple but effective
(Although not sure of the last two, could be the other way round. It was a long time ago)

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Essex, Warwick, Lancs, York - I never really understood why those counties vs. any of the others?

I was Essex House - Blue as I recall. I think Warwick were green, Lancs were red and York was yellow.

Good old Falmer High

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I got bored after reading 13 pages, but didn't see a single vote for mine:
Firle
Caburn
Ditchling and
Chanctonbury

Think you'll find it was Wolstonbury, not Chanctonbury.
Thats if you were at Westlain,I mentioned it earlier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here