Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton rewarded with new contract

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Excellent news now get Kayal and Stephens to commit :thumbsup:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I am not normally emotional, but reading that had me misty eyed.

Well done Chris, you deserve it. Good luck for next season.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Brilliant news. An appointment i was thrilled about at the time. Wasn't my first choice but thankfully dodged the bullet there.

Me to, i really didnt fancy Hughton i got sucked in by all the Norwich negativity and thought it would be boring defensive rubbish and he proved that i know jack shit and he's an absolutely class act on and off the pitch........ thats also why we're on NSC ranting and raving and Bloom is the billionaire captaining the ship!

Brighton & Hove Albion have rewarded manager Chris Hughton with a new four-year contract, following an exceptional season in 2015/16.

Hughton - who led Albion to third place in the Championship with a club record points total for the Championship and won the LMA Championship Manager of the Year Award - has agreed a new deal with the club which will run until June 2020.

Chairman Tony Bloom said, "Chris thoroughly deserves this new contract after such an outstanding season. He has done an exceptional job since he took over as manager on New Year's Eve 2014.

"He secured our safety in his first five months in charge, and has instigated an outstanding turnaround in our fortunes on the pitch.

"He has overseen the building of a squad of which we are immensely proud, and one which has delivered a season to remember for our fans. He also has led the club off the pitch too, at important and difficult times, and we are very proud to have him as manager of Brighton & Hove Albion.

"There is no doubt he is one of the best and most skillful managers in the country and we are delighted to be going into next season with Chris at the helm and leading our club as we aim to go one step further and realise our ultimate aim of reaching the Premier League."

Chief executive Paul Barber added, "Chris has been an absolute pleasure to work with for me and for everyone at the club. He is hugely respected by the board and our staff and I am absolutely delighted he has committed his longer term future to the club.

“Chris's football knowledge and managerial ability is first class, and he is one of the most-respected figures in English football. I echo the chairman's comments when I say we are very proud of Chris's achievements this season, and we are delighted to have him as our manager."

That is bloody brilliant. Well done to the club for securing he stays with us. I think there will be a few clubs out looking at what he has done with us, so it's good to get that bit of business out the way asap before they start sniffing!

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
Excellent news, great timing, and settling for the players that the manager they have so much respect for has committed to the club.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Great news. Shows massive intent and gives CH job security while warding off poachers

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
That's a "Hands off unless you've got a lot of cash" statement to potential suitors this Summer.

Not only is it a 'hands off' message, it's also a bit of an "I'm not really interested in going anywhere else" message from Chris.

Very pleased. It also tends to suggest that the club have outlined future plans - and budgets - with Chris and that he is happy with these.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Great news. Let's hope that this is a statement of intent not to let the team break up.

A couple of new strikers to replace Wilson and Bobby, plus another really good central midfielder and we will have a excellent chance of automatic promotion next season.

I'm already looking forward to the fixture list coming out next month. UTA

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When my son and I saw him driving into Portman Rd during Hypia's time and we were playing there we agreed he would be a good choice as manager. This has proved to be right and this latest news is the best possible news. Now let leave him to plot next seasons squad etc learning from this seasons disappointment.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
When my son and I saw him driving into Portman Rd during Hypia's time and we were playing there we agreed he would be a good choice as manager. This has proved to be right and this latest news is the best possible news. Now let leave him to plot next seasons squad etc learning from this seasons disappointment.

Be honest, your first thought was that he could still do a job at Left Back.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
:clap2: Great news

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here