Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gulity Food Secrets .....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I eat way more KFC and Ginsters slices than I should. Many a Pot Noodle in my younger days. Wasabi peas and wasabi peanuts are a regular beer snack at home. And mushrooms cooked with blue cheese and marmite is a STONKING side dish with a good steak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm taking guilty to mean things you should be embarrassed about. So, cheap maize based bacon crisps, like Frazzles. Pizza Hut pizzas. And pre-made egg mayonnaise with bacon on a French baguette. Ginsters slices.

Ha. Family saw this post and look what has just arrived in the post!

Vielen dank

Attachments

• IMG_5476.JPG
    IMG_5476.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 248

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
When I am hungover or ill I indulge in cheap cheese slices, the cheaper the better on white bread rolls. With a side order of Pork Crackle Puffs and Haribo gold bears for pudding.

I try to eat healthy other times and make a decent lunch for work but sometimes I am up at 6.30am and not back in the house until 11.30pm. Working on site I couldn't possibly take enough food to last me that long so I inevitably end up buying stuff from cafes and deli's. Sometimes the food is good, more often it's not. I try to only have 1 day a week like that though.

Last edited:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Black pudding, which I can eat either uncooked or fried/grilled. I don't care about its provenance, it is just f*cking lovely!

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Three slices of thick white bread, toast and set aside.

Spread salad cream on two of the three slices then alternate cucumber, mature cheddar, lettuce and honey roast ham or pork luncheon meat. Combine in the mould of a club sandwich and serve with cheap salt and vinegar crisps, more salad cream for the crisps to be dunked in and a glass of Diet Coke.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Hand cut doorstop white bread slices toasted slightly both side then generous spread of salted butter followed by mayonnaise then Lancashire cheese (crumbly) sprinkle garlic salt and a few chilli flakes and grill....

so simple any drunk can make it.

That my friends is the best snack in the world...

I am sat here at work literally dribbling now....

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
uncooked??????????????????? :wrong: :sick:

Obviously didn't make myself clear. Black Pudding is 'cooked' when it is made so it is NOT a problem to eat it cold.

This thread made me go down to my local butchers to set up my breakfast tomorrow.

Looks like Bacon, Pork Sausage, Black Pudding, Baked Beans, Mushrooms and Tomatoes with a fried Slice (and cup of Tea of course) :thumbsup:

This is really a drink one. Very partial to "Summer Lightning" bottle conditioned real ale. Like it even more if it has been in the fridge. Do I risk being expelled from CAMRA?

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Oxtail and chicken soup of the heinz variety mixed. With bread
Heinz tomato soup with worcester sauce and grated cheddar on toast dipped in
Marmite and Jam on white toast
Pot noodles on a sandwich :(
Baked beans on toast with Worcester sauce, pepper, seasalt, mature cheddar, coleslaw, branston pickle
Pickled onion monster monch with extra vinegar and grated cheese and a galaxy caramel on the side
Cadburys cream eggs with Kitkats for soldiers and a cup of tea
Smoked too much weed :(

You are a pro at guilty food secrets...

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Basically yes but I think they also throw in batter as well just to make it. It may be health and safety but its still available ooop North I just never think it became a thing down here

I will raise you fish chips and gravy/curry sauce - also never seen in the south (unless someone can put me right). Vinegar essential to finish off the feast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I will raise you fish chips and gravy/curry sauce - also never seen in the south (unless someone can put me right). Vinegar essential to finish off the feast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I remember being in a chippy in Scarborough before one of our Boro games in recent years. A woman came in and ordered fish & chips, but also gravy, a spam fritter and a bottle of "pop", as well as a bag o' scraps.

If she'd had the bread cake, that would have been a full Northern house :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pinching a bowl of the kids coco pops, which with ice cold milk, is lovely.

Anything sweet.

Have sometimes overreacted to an austere looking larder/fridge at home, by going by buying a large Ruby's Bakery sponge from the corner shop and demolishing it in a couple of evenings.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
KFC & the one thing you southerns find strange is cabbage which is lovely.

Finally why do fish and chip shops not do scraps down here, best thing to have on the top of vinegar soaked chips - everytime I go 'home' I have to have chips with scraps

They do but you have to ask for them, I quite often forget as chips are enough. Its a kiddy treat imo.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Back in the early 80's vesta chow mien was a Saturday night treat, thought it was ok at the time but now realise just how pigging awful this 'food' was.
Do supermarkets still sell this vesta stuff I have not seen it on the shelves for years.

I saw some a little while back in a poundstretcher, I think that stuff lasts forever. I tried the dried peas that you re-animate with a satchet of bicarb of soda and water. Was OK but weird.

O Heinz tomato soup with worcester sauce and grated cheddar on toast dipped in

Heinz Tomato soup with some of those cheese sticks they sell in Tescos etc, boosted in the oven so crisp again,:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here