Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Tom Daley announces baby news

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
So either:
A) you are just winding everyone one up for a jolly laugh - if so you are not that funny

or

B) this is your sincere thought. If this is the case then WOW - do you not see how utterly this sought of thinking is based purely upon human traits such as fear, coercion and power.

Religion is just a human construct and I fear you have been duped (please note I am not denying the existence of a higher being/force as quite frankly I haven't got a clue)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right, I'm being totally serious now. My faith is certainly not based on any fear. Since I really came to believe it has given me an inner feeling of warmth and joy which is hard to explain. You know when you have got it. I don't go to Church every Sunday but I do have a constant contact with a God of my own understanding. I can honestly say that I feel that I'm being looked after and guided. I obviously have to help myself though< I can't just sit at home and expect things to fall into my lap. the Christian God is not a God to be feared, it's the so called Men/Women of God who install fear in the the name of God. The existence of God cannot be proven or not. It's down to the experiences and faith of the individual.
Back to the subject of Tom and his baby, good luck to him. It's none of my business anyway. I don't feel comfortable with same sex couples adopting but if it leads to a happy childhood for the child, it's a good thing. I would sooner the baby went to a hetrosexual loving couple, but that's just the way I am

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Sorry I assumed, that as you said:

"the need for a mother & father doesn't arise from nature then"

You also thought it wasn't right for two people of the same sex to bring up a child. I misunderstood.

Just to be clear though, as I may have misunderstood again, you do think it OK for two gay men to adopt, or conceive with the aid of a surrogate mother, and raise the child?

No, you took my response to someone elses ignorant comment out of context and given it your own ffs:

This is all that needs saying. The ‘need for a mother & father’ arises from ignorance, bigotry and prejudice, nothing else.

My reply in context was ""the need for a mother & father doesn't arise from nature then?"

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Right, I'm being totally serious now. My faith is certainly not based on any fear. Since I really came to believe it has given me an inner feeling of warmth and joy which is hard to explain. You know when you have got it. I don't go to Church every Sunday but I do have a constant contact with a God of my own understanding. I can honestly say that I feel that I'm being looked after and guided. I obviously have to help myself though< I can't just sit at home and expect things to fall into my lap. the Christian God is not a God to be feared, it's the so called Men/Women of God who install fear in the the name of God. The existence of God cannot be proven or not. It's down to the experiences and faith of the individual.
Back to the subject of Tom and his baby, good luck to him. It's none of my business anyway. I don't feel comfortable with same sex couples adopting but if it leads to a happy childhood for the child, it's a good thing. I would sooner the baby went to a hetrosexual loving couple, but that's just the way I am

So you are not a Christian in any sense of the word you have just found a dogma that allows you to espouse your homophobia. Thank you. Glad we have that straight.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013

Fair enough.

It is just your response to some one's previous post about having nothing to fear if you are a believer that made me respond . It is that sought of sentiment for me that doesn't do religion any favours. It chimes of an exclusive club.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Fair enough.

It is just your response to some one's previous post about having nothing to fear if you are a believer that made me respond . It is that sought of sentiment for me that doesn't do religion any favours. It chimes of an exclusive club.

I was mucking about earlier. Too much time on my hands. The Christian faith is open to anyone and it certainly never intended to be an exclusive club. I get the occasional tap on the shoulder to remind me to behave myself.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
No, you took my response to someone elses ignorant comment out of context and given it your own ffs:

My reply in context was ""the need for a mother & father doesn't arise from nature then?"

Yeah, I said sorry and that I misunderstood.

Have I also misunderstood in thinking you do think it OK for two gay men to adopt, or conceive with the aid of a surrogate mother, and raise the child?

Or do, you think that isn't OK? If not why not?

I ask because I have been thinking about this myself today and haven't been able to come up a with (or read) a rational and logical reason why it wouldn't be OK!

All I have seen, or considered myself, are ultimately illogical and/or based or some irrational belief.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
So you are not a Christian in any sense of the word you have just found a dogma that allows you to espouse your homophobia. Thank you. Glad we have that straight.

I think that your understanding of homophobia needs to be looked at. I have nothing against Homosexuals be they men or women, I've just stated that I would prefer children to be adopted by loving and caring opposite sex relationships. May be you could be described you as hetrophobic.

aberdare seagull

Feb 28, 2014
south wales
I know you don't care if I believe you or not but what you describe is illegal and I struggle to believe public bodies would ever advertise vacancies in that way.

I agree this was back in late 2000s when every public sector was told to increase quotas of minority groups. Although not as bad now the public services still carry out positive discrimination and workshops and recruitment drives are still geared more towards minority groups with some actually excluding white males from attending helpful workshops but admittedly they have atleast stopped short of not accepting applications. I got a link from regarding british transport police but its not letting me add it.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/11/briti...e-men-from-its-recruitment-workshops-6992490/

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think that your understanding of homophobia needs to be looked at. I have nothing against Homosexuals be they men or women, I've just stated that I would prefer children to be adopted by loving and caring opposite sex relationships. May be you could be described you as hetrophobic.

You do not agree with same sex couples raising children for the sole reason that they are homosexual. That is homophobic in any language.

Heterophobic? You really don't have a clue what you're talking about do you! Where have I stated that I don't think Hetero's should raise children? You utter spanner.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
You do not agree with same sex couples raising children for the sole reason that they are homosexual. That is homophobic in any language.

Heterophobic? You really don't have a clue what you're talking about do you! Where have I stated that I don't think Hetero's should raise children? You utter spanner.

No I don't think that I'm homophobic in my beliefs. So Which would you prefer, the child to go to a heterosexual couple or homosexual couple? Why do you have to get so aggressive? Calm down Dear

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yeah, I said sorry and that I misunderstood.

Have I also misunderstood in thinking you do think it OK for two gay men to adopt, or conceive with the aid of a surrogate mother, and raise the child?

Or do, you think that isn't OK? If not why not?

I ask because I have been thinking about this myself today and haven't been able to come up a with (or read) a rational and logical reason why it wouldn't be OK!

All I have seen, or considered myself, are ultimately illogical and/or based or some irrational belief.

Do you think it's ok for two straight men to adopt?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No I don't think that I'm homophobic in my beliefs. So Which would you prefer, the child to go to a heterosexual couple or homosexual couple? Why do you have to get so aggressive? Calm down Dear

Don't try the old aggressive accusation to undermine what I'm saying. I'm perfectly calm. Your belief that same sex couples shouldn't raise children because they are homosexual is homophobic. Regardless of any religion you claim to follow. You don't get to decide if it's homophobic or not I'm afraid. It simply is.

But there is no point debating with people who use religion to excuse their deep seated bigotry and prejudice.

Which would I prefer? Why would I prefer one above the other? If two people wish to raise a kid I have absolutely no problem with it whatever their gender, sexuality or choice of filling at Spud-u-like. As long as they are fit to be parents, I care not.

Last edited:

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove

Herein lies the problem. Most sexists don't think they are sexist. Most racists don't think they are racist.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wow this thread has moved on.
One day, you too will learn the truth.
That's a naive thing to say. Most people live and die without believing in your god.
Seek the Lord and you will find him.
Not true. Just because you think you've found him, doesn't mean others will.
I was once a Sinner but sought forgiveness and guidance and was saved.
So you don't sin at all any more? I find that hard to believe.
Man has been around longer than your God, and had many others in the past, they are mostly remembered as mythology now, as yours will be in time.
Are you sure of that? If you are wrong you'll end up burning in the depths ofHell.
Do you seriously think your god will make people burn in the depths of hell simple because they didn't find him? That includes billions of people who were unfortunately born in the wrong country. What kind of a sad **** would he have to be to do that?
If I'm right I'll be going to Heaven but if you are right there is neither Heaven or Hell so I won't end up suffering. I know which belief I'm going to hold onto
You're going to hold on to your belief just to be safe. Pathetic.
My religion is not a source of weakness. I only hope that you are those who share your beliefs find the truth before it's too late. I know the truth so I have no fear.
:lol:

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Don't try the old aggressive accusation to undermine what I'm saying. I'm perfectly calm. Your belief that same sex couples shouldn't raise children because they are homosexual is homophobic. Regardless of any religion you claim to follow. You don't get to decide if it's homophobic or not I'm afraid. It simply is.

But there is no point debating with people who use religion to excuse their deep seated bigotry and prejudice.

Which would I prefer? Why would I prefer one above the other? If two people wish to raise a kid I have absolutely no problem with it whatever their gender, sexuality or choice of filling at Spud-u-like. As long as they are fit to be parents, I care not.

Lets look at it this way, you have to chose between a child going to a couple, one couple are heterosexual and the other a same sex couple. Both couples can offer the child exactly the type of home, love and support. Sadly the Wife of the hetero couple can't have children. Which couple would you chose? You have to chose one of the couples.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here