Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stoke City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I agree. Our biggest problem is not putting these sides to bed when we are up. They didn't look like scoring, and we were totally in control.

Agree - Don't you just wish we had a super sub to have brought on to kill the game, well perhaps we did ! ? ?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Just looking at that clip, I can't help wondering exactly where Dunk might have been when the kick was actually taken. Probably best not to look too hard!

Three of us inside the box at the moment it was taken!!

Pen.JPG

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Swansea are nothing to fear whatsoever. Just because they are in a good moment atm doesn't mean they are world beaters. All their wins have come at home.
I'm not sure even the Manchester clubs would be looking forward to a visit from the Swans at the moment! Still, good runs come to an end eventually...........

(And unfortunately I've just realised that we could be on a five game unbeaten run by the time we play Swansea!)

theboybilly

First 45 mins mate! Obviously watching a different game. :shrug:

For every first-half chance we had Stoke had one too. Our possession at times was a joy to behold and at others no so much (eg Bong losing easy possession on the touchline) We could easily have gone in all-square or even 2-1 down. The substitition after the break phased Albion briefly as Stoke now had two tricky wide men who could cut inside after having only a useless lump up top. Be we got it together and only a fine goal got Stoke on level terms. But they were never, ever out of it. That we got Stoke players arguing amongst themselves and largely subdued the home crowd was to Brighton's great credit. But it was closer than you make out - much closer. A great game to witness - so much better than WBA away

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
For every first-half chance we had Stoke had one too. Our possession at times was a joy to behold and at others no so much (eg Bong losing easy possession on the touchline) We could easily have gone in all-square or even 2-1 down. The substitition after the break phased Albion briefly as Stoke now had two tricky wide men who could cut inside after having only a useless lump up top. Be we got it together and only a fine goal got Stoke on level terms. But they were never, ever out of it. That we got Stoke players arguing amongst themselves and largely subdued the home crowd was to Brighton's great credit. But it was closer than you make out - much closer. A great game to witness - so much better than WBA away

Dipping my nuts into a vat of acid rates preferential to WBA away.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I think i've aged 10 years watching that last 5 minutes.

Thought we did well and should (in an ideal world) have walked away with all 3 points, but it was a good effort from Stoke in the end and a little bit of quality got them back into it.

Shouldn't have been a pen IMO so glad to see karma winning out.
Thought Knocky coming on for a short time wasn't going to be worth it...he's won us that point.

up.png
up.png
up.png

D

Deleted member 2719

Another excellent point.

That was not an excellent point. While 1 nil up we were 6 points from the drop zone, we are now 3 points, we had every chance to win that game but let them back in and nearly let them win. Hughtons wrong subs and tactics second half cost us dear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here