Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are there any proper English traditions, for St Georges Day?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Also Church parades over Worthing. I used to attend the Goring one where my lads were Cubs/scouts.
obviously ONE scouting event in Brighton had to be changed a few years ago and someone thinks that is a yearly event lol.

Well thankfully B&H Scouting were slightly more intelligent than his violence loving extreme left wing buddies and decided to ignore MfE !

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There's the grand old tradition of asking each other what these flags are doing flying outside pubs when there's not a World Cup on.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Well thankfully B&H Scouting were slightly more intelligent than his violence loving extreme left wing buddies and decided to ignore MfE !

No obnoxious, far-right drunks marching through the city, for no other purpose than creating violence, no far left violence loving buddies.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
No obnoxious, far-right drunks marching through the city, for no other purpose than creating violence, no far left violence loving buddies.

Don't worry Dave, everyone has been embarrassed and shown up by a youth charity at some point in their life .... not !!!! :clap::banana::O:bigwave::lolol::lol:punk::laugh::cheery:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Indeed it does but it doesn't also detail anything about the left wing nut jobs and f**kwits.

..and ill repeat... no far right, obnoxious drunks deciding that Brighton will be the location of their ****wittery, no far left nut jobs coming to fight them. Its really easy.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Not sure anybody would be allowed to celebrate it as the left wing goons would make some remark towards anybody daring to fly a St George on that day but think nothing of it on St Patricks or St Andrews days.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
A recent poll on here had the majority on here as atheists, so why are showing devotion to some Catholic Saint from way back?

If we want to celebrate being English then why not use an ENGLISH MAN as a focus for our devotion, someone like Shakespeare or King Alfred?

Discuss

King Alfred is a strange one for atheists, he represented himself as the defender of Anglo Saxon christianity, and went to war with the non Christian Viking invaders (or scandinavian immigrants as they would be referred to these days).

Shakespeare was definitely a christian and a likely Protestant.................from his will in his own name:

In the name of God, Amen. I, William Shakespeare..., in perfect health and memory, God be praised, do make and ordain this my last will and testament in manner and form following. That is to say, first, I commend my soul into the hands of God my Creator, hoping and assuredly believing, through the only merits of Jesus Christ my Saviour, to be made partaker of life everlasting, and my body to the earth whereof it is made.

I think you atheists will need to consider the historcial influence of Christanity on this country and rally around someone else.....................

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
..and ill repeat... no far right, obnoxious drunks deciding that Brighton will be the location of their ****wittery, no far left nut jobs coming to fight them. Its really easy.

Oh dear, the logic of a simpleton. That can easily be turned round the other way 'if there were no left wing nutjobs then there would be no right wing nutjobs opposing them'. Anyway, I'm rather glad scouting has shown people like you how to deal with right wing nut jobs. It's sad that so many of your kind are too f**king stupid to understand how to deal with it.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Oh dear, the logic of a simpleton. That can easily be turned round the other way 'if there were no left wing nutjobs then there would be no right wing nutjobs opposing them'. Anyway, I'm rather glad scouting has shown people like you how to deal with right wing nut jobs. It's sad that so many of your kind are too f**king stupid to understand how to deal with it.

Oh, I see... It was the far left who were marching in Brighton. Sorry, I misunderstood the event.

My kind? My kind was a large number of Brighton residents. Not just the far left. Hows the march this year? Where are all the far left nutjobs?

No far right ****wits.. no far left ****wits.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
My kind? My kind was a large number of Brighton residents.

No it wasn't. It was a couple of hundred left wing nut jobs with their faces covered. About 90% of those left wing nut jobs that were arrested didn't even come from Brighton and Hove.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Not sure anybody would be allowed to celebrate it as the left wing goons would make some remark towards anybody daring to fly a St George on that day but think nothing of it on St Patricks or St Andrews days.

Every time I hear this argument I die a little bit inside.

ditto, 'why can't we have a straight pride?'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here