Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frank de Boer to Palace

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Like this one on FdB from the BBS:

There's something of the Alan Shearer about him. Doesn't come across as the brightest tool in the box.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Granted, this was during the days when depression was considered a taboo subject for athletes, but...

"He made his debut for Barcelona in a Copa del Rey match against third‑division Novelda after a troubling series of training sessions where he found it difficult to adapt to the unfamiliar distance between himself and the remarkably high line adopted by Barça's back-four which was an integral part of Louis van Gaal's coaching philosophy. He had already been unnerved by Van Gaal in a telephone conversation when transfer negotiations over his move from Benfica had hit a hitch and he asked for some reassurance that he was still wanted. "I don't even know you," the manager said, a perception, or lack of it, shared by Barcelona's coaches who seemed baffled by Enke's preference for using his hands instead of his feet.

When Barcelona were defeated 3-2 in the cup game, the club's captain Frank de Boer laid the blame for two of the goals on Enke, later claiming he had been misquoted but he never apologised to the goalkeeper."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/nov/28/ronald-reng-robert-enke-book-award

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Granted, this was during the days when depression was considered a taboo subject for athletes, but...

"He made his debut for Barcelona in a Copa del Rey match against third‑division Novelda after a troubling series of training sessions where he found it difficult to adapt to the unfamiliar distance between himself and the remarkably high line adopted by Barça's back-four which was an integral part of Louis van Gaal's coaching philosophy. He had already been unnerved by Van Gaal in a telephone conversation when transfer negotiations over his move from Benfica had hit a hitch and he asked for some reassurance that he was still wanted. "I don't even know you," the manager said, a perception, or lack of it, shared by Barcelona's coaches who seemed baffled by Enke's preference for using his hands instead of his feet.

When Barcelona were defeated 3-2 in the cup game, the club's captain Frank de Boer laid the blame for two of the goals on Enke, later claiming he had been misquoted but he never apologised to the goalkeeper."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/nov/28/ronald-reng-robert-enke-book-award

So you're putting the blame of his untimely death firmly at the feet of de boer ? Players ruck all the time in the dressing room , you are getting abit desperate aren't you .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Like this one on FdB from the BBS:

There's something of the Alan Shearer about him. Doesn't come across as the brightest tool in the box.

You've been on the bbs ?

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017

You're desperate pal

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

The Enke book is a gripping and tragic read. Another article on the same, de Boer not cast in a great light

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-goalkeeper-Robert-Enkes-secret-struggle.html

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
A true playing legend like Frank De Boer managing Benteke, Zaha, Cabaye and co or journeyman Chris Hughton in charge of world beaters such as Bruno, Bong and Baldock...I know who's camp I'd rather be in!

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
A question for the Palace goons.

You seem to have self elected yourselves as some sort of 'big club'. I've seen talk of disappointment if you lose out to 'clubs like' Burnley or Southampton.

Genuinely interested to find out when and why this has happened? It seems a little strange from the outside.

Palace, like Brighton, aren't a big club by PL standards. We're about to start out 5th consecutive PL season which is an impressive feat for a club like ours. We've got an excellent squad and an exciting potential managerial appointment.

Off the pitch, we're probably in a better state than Burnley. On the pitch, we're miles ahead of them. The players at our disposal are far superior to Burnley's, our transfer budget is bigger, our wage budget is bigger, etc.
Saints, however, definitely have the edge on us. Their squad is comparable to ours but their youth development is better, their facilities are better and they're a more established club than we are. There's no shame in losing out to Southampton in the chase for a player/manager, but I'd be surprised if anyone fancied Burnley as a better career move.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A true playing legend like Frank De Boer managing Benteke, Zaha, Cabaye and co or journeyman Chris Hughton in charge of world beaters such as Bruno, Bong and Baldock...I know who's camp I'd rather be in!

Ah Cabaye, that bloke with an attitude problem on obscene wages that he has done so little to justify. I'm sure de Bore is licking his lips at the prospect of working with the likes of Joniesta, Hennessy, Puncheon et al.
:lolol:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Just to get it sorted early doors.
Are you a bloke - a women - or not sure.
I need to know so I can abuse you in the right gender in the coming season :moo:

That hasn't stopped you in the past has it . I've been in dicks bar and met a few of your lot so ask about if you're intrigued.

May 24, 2017
Not a lot choose between Frank de bore and CH tbf....similar style of football and both unproven in the PL.....although obviously FDB will attract a better class of player.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Benteke wants to leave.... Haha is no doubt brushing up on his diving skills...and Cabaye - what a waste of wages!

May 24, 2017
Benteke wants to leave.... Haha is no doubt brushing up on his diving skills...and Cabaye - what a waste of wages!

Well he's definitely not coming here!...:lolol:.....tbf anyone who signs him is basically saying' we've given up trying to play football'.....Sean Dyche's dream player.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here