Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Build A Bonfire - Komedia, 26 April

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Brilliant evening. Yesterday, I posted this video which is basically the first half of last night's gig in motion. Most of the people mentioned in the readings from Build a Bonfire appear at some point. "Insider" appears at the heart of a lot things as he said last night.
The video is made of all the bits from local news on the TV and joined together by "Mr Blobby". There's all the demos, York etc and much more. All the villains feature. It brings the first half of the BaB gig to life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0LMxoms3Qo

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
A great night, thank you to all involved - WE MUST NEVER FORGET.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Should never forget the part that Liam Brady had in the struggles plus the and hope that he brought with the consortium news. He barely gets mentioned .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Absolutely superb night. As I said on Atilla's thread I was pretty much in tears of joy, laughter or anger throughout much of it and an impressive amount of alcohol appeared to have been taken. Saw a lot of old faces. Many - like me - have aged elegantly like a fine wine. :lolol:

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
A belated thanks to everyone who came along to 'Build A Bonfire' at Komedia last night.

Thanks to Komedia themselves for hosting the night - especially Annie North, Dave Blake and all the technicians and staff. Plus the NSK / Michael Costin who decorated the room quite handsomely.

Thanks to Paul Hodson for his expert stage direction, and behind the scenes mastery of the evening. Loving your work, Paul.

Thanks to the noisily brilliant Attila The Stockbroker for his excellent perfectly-toned 'From Hereford to Here' and the emotionally-charged 'Goldstone Ghosts'. And well done for remaining upright, you shining professional, you.

Thanks to Stephen Grant for setting fire to the night with a scintillating set which set the tone and the pace for the rest of the evening. Great stuff.

Thanks to the excellent readers, Steve North, Jem, Mark Brailsford and Beth Fitzgerald-Hodson for bringing the 1995-97 story to life so brilliantly. Additional thanks to Mark for his 'Seagulls Over The Rainbow / We're On Our Way' mash-up.

Thanks to Ady Packham for interviewing Ian Hart, Paul Samrah, Paul Camillin, Liz Costa and Dick Knight; our thanks to all of them too.

Thanks to Matthew Francis for his kind words about what saving the Albion has meant to him, 20 years on.

And thanks to all of you who came along and supported the event. We hope you had a great time. We know we did.

Cheers, Al

PS - I am now in possession of some audio files from last night. Will make them available soon. :)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Am I imagining it or was there a babe in arms in the Brighton end at Edgar Street?
[MENTION=304]Emily's Mum[/MENTION] might be able to answer that.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Cheers everyone, we had no idea how it would work, but as Al says Paul H did a great job in adapting the book for the readings and the Roar interviews worked brilliantly. Thanks so much to everyone who bought a ticket, we'll be making a sizeable donation to the REMF and we'll let everyone know when. There are plans in the offing to more events, we've got the Bring Home the Albion anniversary in a couple of years... Steve N

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Felt hugely privileged to be there last night. Well done to everyone involved in putting on such a great evening. And well done to all those who did so much to save our club in it's darkest hour. Our story is so unique - and it must never be forgotten. The people who were at the frontline of the battle deserve to have the story live on. It is in the DNA of the club....it is part of what we now are.
So many poignant moments last night - really really emotional, funny, heartbreaking and just brilliant! Thank you.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Bit pissed, but I have to say it felt like the heart and soul of this football club was in that room last night.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
On behalf Paul Hodson and Steve North, we are delighted to announce that £1,000 from last month's 'Build A Bonfire' show has today been donated to the Robert Eaton Memorial Fund.

This, plus the £300 raised by the NSK for AlbionIn TheCommunity has turned a memorable night into a truly legendary night.

Thank you again to everyone who organised, took part and came along (typical Albion fans' traits of organisation and togetherness) for the trip down Memory Lane, just to remind ourselves where we had been, and how we got here.

Shorehamkid

Aug 3, 2011
On behalf Paul Hodson and Steve North, we are delighted to announce that £1,000 from last month's 'Build A Bonfire' show has today been donated to the Robert Eaton Memorial Fund.

This, plus the £300 raised by the NSK for AlbionIn TheCommunity has turned a memorable night into a truly legendary night.

Thank you again to everyone who organised, took part and came along (typical Albion fans' traits of organisation and togetherness) for the trip down Memory Lane, just to remind ourselves where we had been, and how we got here.

That's terrific news and great work by all concerned!

Is there any plans for a DVD or for the show to be available on YouTube at all? A couple of family members couldn't make it and I'm sure they'd like to watch it back.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here