Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr Skalak

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
At 0-0 last night i would have taken skalak off for elvis and put knocky wide. Wasnt skalaks best game last night but he is a good option for us. Will struggle to get in 1st 11 when march is fit

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
A wide player that works hard to win possession, supports the defence as much as the attack, tackles, good range of passes and can deliver a superb dead ball.

....... Yes, but apart from that, what does Skalak do for us..........

And I agree he works hard and often to good effect.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
He's so slow he handicaps us going forward and his dead balls wonderful free kicks disappeared as quick as his pace :)

The wonderful free kicks have disappeared up Knockaert's boots instead. Except our Anthony couldn't take a dead ball to save his life lst night.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
At 0-0 last night i would have taken skalak off for elvis and put knocky wide. Wasnt skalaks best game last night but he is a good option for us. Will struggle to get in 1st 11 when march is fit

I would have taken off Murphy rather than Skalak. Murphy just disappears for long periods and had no right to stay on till the end.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Agree....Very poor player who has no pace or skill and he knows it hence the looking for fouls all the time....really embarrassing against reading and Newcastle especially.

All about opinions. I think Skalak is a very good player with a bit of pace and a lot of skill as confirmed by his international status. He isn't tricky or really pacey, but he has a bit of edge about him and CH needs to get him back on his devastating dead ball deliveries rather than Knockaert.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I would have taken off Murphy rather than Skalak. Murphy just disappears for long periods and had no right to stay on till the end.

He disappeared the other night because the Manager gave him a different role to help cover for a defender who was having an off night to ensure we didn't concede. Don't know where you sit but if your in the west stand lower you might have seen him told to move back and cover the pressing full back and winger in the 2nd half

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Repeating myself from another thread but anyway.

On Saturday, AK was everywhere. The problem with that was we lost our shape and it left us exposed down the right.

Huddersfield are particularly good on the counter attack. I noticed on Tuesday night how Skalak would get back, alongside Bruno, to help us defended when Huddersfield broke down our right hand side. That doesn't mean he was making loads of tackles but he was helping us hold our shape.

Do not take that as a criticism of AK or a suggestion that Skalak should play ahead of him. It varies on the opponent and their threats.

Murphychase

May 4, 2010
The Amex
Are you one of the Chuckle Brothers from the WSU who sit near the half way line? The one with the dodgy Max and Paddy goatee? They are always looking for a scapegoat and Skalak is their current favourite. Tried it last season and then shut up after the QPR goal. Back on their usual shouting bollocks form last night.
Gobby, patronising and foulmouthed..........................have been for the last 3 seasons. Never happy and always wanting someone to blame. JFC was their favourite scapegoat until he went out on loan....................

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
So, what you're saying is that a professional footballer needs to play with the same player ahead of him every game?
That's gonna limit Chris's options a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess that's what I'm saying, Kayal is better when Stephens is alongside him, Hemed is better with Baldock alongside him. Not unfair to suggest Bong might benefit from a bit of continuity in front of him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess that's what I'm saying, Kayal is better when Stephens is alongside him, Hemed is better with Baldock alongside him. Not unfair to suggest Bong might benefit from a bit of continuity in front of him.

For example - Kaz.

Sadly Bong hitched his wagon to the wrong cart horse. :lol:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Lovely bloke, loves it here in Brighton. Nice haircut but better player than Murphy or Lua Lua...................................I know a good Councillor for you

I think he offers far more than the other two just with his crosses and set pieces alone. It is just my opinion though, as it is that I think you MASSIVELY over rate Murphy who is the 5th best winger at the club.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm shocked that there are 76 posts on this thread already and [MENTION=3733]papajaff[/MENTION] hasn't waded in yet.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You'd think with all the wingers we've got that we'd be crossing to one or both our centre forwards who are excellent in the air wouldn't you? Hardly happening at all at the games I've seen

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I'm shocked that there are 76 posts on this thread already and [MENTION=3733]papajaff[/MENTION] hasn't waded in yet.

What's the point? The fact some people are defending a player whose only attribute is to be able to deliver a dead ball says it all. And he hasn't even got that one job now.

He can't go past players so he throws himself to the ground clutching his imaginary broken leg. And we are supposed to believe that shyt.

And the worrying thing is that Skalak looks like Vicente compared to Bong. How on earth these two get a start is beyond me.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
What's the point? The fact some people are defending a player whose only attribute is to be able to deliver a dead ball says it all. And he hasn't even got that one job now.

He can't go past players so he throws himself to the ground clutching his imaginary broken leg. And we are supposed to believe that shyt.

And the worrying thing is that Skalak looks like Vicente compared to Bong. How on earth these two get a start is beyond me.

That's more like it :amex:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here