PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: Bet365 Stadium
Date: Saturday 10th February 2018
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: Robert Madeley
Assistants: Marc Perry, Michael McDonough
Fourth official: The Complete And Utter Shyster

TEAM NEWS

Stoke forward Jese is in the squad for the first time since 2 December, having been given time off to be with his prematurely-born son.

Defender Bruno Martins Indi returns after missing the defeat by Bournemouth with a minor injury.

Brighton's £14m record signing Jurgen Locadia is set to make his debut for the club after overcoming a hamstring injury.

Midfielders Steve Sidwell and Jiri Skalak remain their only absentees.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Martin Fisher: "Paul Lambert was adamant his Stoke side deserved at least a point at Bournemouth last week but that defeat leaves them in the relegation zone.

"Supporters have seen improved performances since the Scot replaced Mark Hughes, but anything less than three points from this one will seriously dampen the Potters' positivity.

"Boosted by their vital win over West Ham, Chris Hughton's Brighton now need to address their woeful away form: a paltry two points and a pitiful one goal from their last seven on the road. Worryingly, they haven't won in Stoke for 57 years."

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Stoke City manager Paul Lambert: "Every time I've come here (the Bet365 Stadium), whether it's been as an opposition manager or whatever, it's always been a brilliant atmosphere.

"We need our fans and they've been great with us - and I've always said we have to give them something as well.

"Hopefully on Saturday we will give them something to get behind us. The support here is massive for us."

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton: "Stoke are playing at a high tempo, pushing players through from midfield, and have a talented front three. I think it's that change of formation which has given them a lift.

"There has definitely been an upsurge in performances due to a change of formation, and probably also a change of manager.

"Paul (Lambert), who I followed as manager at Norwich, generally likes to play on the front foot - an entertaining style of football."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]The 2-2 draw in the reverse fixture last November ended Stoke's eight-match winning run over Brighton in all competitions.
    [*=left]Brighton are without a win at Stoke in 15 league matches since a 1-0 second tier victory in September 1961.
    [*=left]The Seagulls haven't scored in any of their last four visits to Stoke.

Stoke

• [*=left]Stoke have lost seven of their last 11 games and taken only eight points from a possible 33 during this period.
    [*=left]They have been beaten in only one of their last four home games, winning twice and drawing the other match.
    [*=left]Eighteen of Stoke's 24 league points have been won at home.
    [*=left]Stoke have kept a clean sheet in both of Paul Lambert's league home matches in charge - 2-0 win against Huddersfield and 0-0 draw versus Watford.
    [*=left]Lambert has won eight of his 10 Premier League home fixtures as a manager against newly-promoted sides.
    [*=left]Stoke have conceded a league-high 52 goals, six more than any other side.

Brighton

• [*=left]Brighton are unbeaten in three games in all competitions, winning twice and drawing once.
    [*=left]They are without an away league win in seven games since November's 1-0 triumph at Swansea.
    [*=left]Brighton have scored six away goals this season, the fewest in the division.
    [*=left]Glenn Murray has scored four of those six goals, including two penalties.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have scored four goals in their last two league matches, as many as in their previous 10 fixtures.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
New boy to s ore?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Wunna say 0 2 but think a hard fought 2 2 is on the cards

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just about to leave Euston, a multitude of Spuds fans on the train from Shoreham had no idea there were so many locally.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Heaving slow train to Stoke. Sitting on the floor. Kindly Albion fan offers me a beer.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just feeling a little bit hopeful. Haven't won at Stoke for 57 years - isn't that record about due to be broken? After all, if they'd lost the last ten on the bounce and couldn't buy a goal, we all know which way that would go!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We might get a couple on the counter if can stay solid at the back. I'm more worried about their midfield than either end so reckon we need to get it forward quickly for a change (usually very happy with our patient style however).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here