Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Amex home of the Albion should it be extended

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There is a gap between all seats, if this gap is closed, every row in every block can get two more seats in. I believe this amount to 1200 ish more seats
That would blow the health and safety limits for the exits, and the maximum limit on the number of seats between aisles.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
No it's not, it's a meeting room. I was in it last week and have to visit those offices on a semi-regular basis.

It is used as a meeting room now, but it was the original television studio. All the wiring and cables are still there.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
When we first opened the Amex with 22,500 we had a lot of room for expansion but only ever to 30,500.

On top of those original plans we have already added the South West corner for the Heineken lounge plus the additional boxes, the North West shelf was an after thought and most recently the South East Amex box.

I wouldn't be surprised to see something additional added into the North East corner or up higher in the North but cost will obviously become a factor.

An Old Trafford style expansion adding an additional tier would cost far too much and see parts of the stadium as unusable for a season, financially not worth doing...

The big question is where will we build our next stadium when we have outgrown the Amex as we dominate football for years to come

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We have been spoiled with success in the Amex era, but one day it will turn to shìt and our support will halve. Already the ground looks empty with a gate of less than 17-18,000 in it...

Spoiled indeed.

In the case of a bird such as a Seagull or an Owl; what goes up, must, inevitably, come down (and stay down for decades). The Aves cannot simply remain airborne hovering aimlessly and indefinitely; they must be brought back to earth. For if we are lucky, we’ll be hearing that famous phrase ‘the eagle has landed’ come the spring as another avian gathering crash and burn.

You could count on one hand which Premier League teams claim to be bigger than Sheffield Wednesday. Claims are one thing, real fact is another. The only top flight team that can genuinely compete with Wednesday in terms of size is Man Utd. There are no studies or any evidence to support this but it doesn’t matter because it’s true. It’s football fact. So that, in turn, makes another fact truly shocking:

Hillsborough was less than half full in their last home game against Reading.

Attendance: 14,848

I’m sure the multitude of phone torches did nothing to fill what would have been a large, empty, lonely and cavernous stadium devoid of even a semblance of atmosphere.

This could happen to us when we get our wings clipped. We could become as sterile and lifeless as the planet Mars. Heavens above!

Be thankful for what we have. Premier League football in a world class stadium that’s almost always sold out.

Thanks Uncle Tony, you got it just about right.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
From an aesthetic point of view it could do with slightly larger stands behind the goals but I don't see it happening.

Kylegreen-1

Jan 4, 2018
Near Tunbridge wells
Dunno how many of the other 8000 people on the list are genuinely wanting a season ticket but I’m on there in the sole hope of getting said season ticket whether it be next year or the year after, regardless of what division we’re in. In terms of expansion, they’ve made it perfectly clear that it’s not gonna happen and once the novelty has worn off that there’s a PL team in the south so the Chelsea fans and other fans can see PL football without going up to London, I would like to think that attendances would go down slightly and allow more room for actual BHAFC fans to get in and then the atmosphere will improve and we won’t need to expand.

Last edited:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The ultimate question is "Where were you when we were shit?"

To see splatters of away fans celebrating each time we conceaded against Chelsea tells me that we need more of our own fans to be purchasing tickets

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Between the police box and big screen at the back of the North Stand are offices (there's a big square window to the side of the police box that is a meeting room). In theory they could become boxes or another shelf but not sure the club would do it and lose the office space. Pretty sure the Academy youths have their BTEC lessons up there and the offices are full so alternative space would need to be found for them.
The academy lessons could surely be held in rooms at one of the Universities nearby? Office space could be rented or added outside the stadium perhaps.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
It is just a shame the North Stand is not larger .

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That number is a form of pretendence. How many were on the waiting list pre-PL? I might be mistaken, but think you might still have been able to buy a half-ST as recently as halfway through last season. How many will remain on the waiting list should, heaven forbid, we end up back in the Championship? Not 8,000, that's for sure.

This.

The waiting list was zero just over a year ago, as I bought a half-season ticket as a present at Xmas 2016. The waiting list came from no where with key wins in Jan & Feb 2017, making PL football very likely.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
The north stand could be extended up and back into a Kop. Would just cost money, the club would probably want to prioritise spending on players and wages at the moment..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I dropped my season ticket end of 2015 & haven't had a problem getting the tickets i want - as long as you are organised (stoke, Newcastle, burnley, saints, chelsea & arsenal all got).

Now i want to go & can sit around the ground.

I found the season ticket meant i had to go & sat in the same seat - that said i was in east lower (dead zone for atmosphere- my son fell asleep twice - thats what the sun & hypia did for him)

Same here. Gave up my s/t, I have no trouble buying tickets as a Bronze member and I get to sit around the ground as I please. The NS blocks C and D, is great.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I love the Amex but the only bit I might have done differently would have built a bigger and steeper North stand.
We will only regret it if we we have a. Long run in the Premership.
I'll say it again Spurs have got it right and are building an 18,000 stand behind the goal.
They also applied for planning to add more seats.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I love the Amex but the only bit I might have done differently would have built a bigger and steeper North stand.
We will only regret it if we we have a. Long run in the Premership.
I'll say it again Spurs have got it right and are building an 18,000 stand behind the goal.
They also applied for planning to add more seats.

Albion also included plans for more seats (and we've now got them). We had to prove local infrastructure could cope.

We're now maxed out. The infrastructure (trains, roads etc) cannot cope with thousands more fans, so not sure why fans predict significant expansion. It just ain't going to happen.

But, if rumours are to be believed, the club is looking at additional premium seating. Probably in the hundreds, I'd guess.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here