Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No it wouldn't, feel free to do your worse, I am sure a few of you are doing it now, but I am not really 'anti' anything in particular so I am less likely to be so driven by political dogma.

Your guy's previous posts can be great reading but you carry on as if everything you have ever posted came true and your future projections deserve applause (as long as it's negative) , it's quite funny, take you for instance only last weeks you claimed the UK's economy was broken, seemed harsh to me but you countered 'compared' to say France, so I posted growth figures for both and it didnt seem to suggest that at all, you never replied and I doubt even so you think any differently anyway.

:lol: No, I didn't! I am surprised I did not respond to your response to a post I didn't make, but happy to respond if you can either show the post where I said the UK economy is "broken", or post something showing the UK and France have not swapped 5th and 6th largest economies, in their favour, or that their growth rate has not been much better than ours in the last year.
If you can do either, I will eat whats left of Kosh's big Richie Blackmore hat.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
:lol: No, I didn't! I am surprised I did not respond to your response to a post I didn't make, but happy to respond if you can either show the post where I said the UK economy is "broken", or post something showing the UK and France have not swapped 5th and 6th largest economies, in their favour, or that their growth rate has not been much better than ours in the last year.
If you can do either, I will eat whats left of Kosh's big Richie Blackmore hat.

I apologise if it wasnt you, or was it damaged you used.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
BigGully will tell you it's the wrong way up.

Not at all, do you think it can ever be helpful having 15 year projection, I would have poured scorn on it if it was positive news for Brexit, its a waste of time and undermines the nearer term projections which you might have used as an indication of a future loss of growth.

By the way how are the markets [MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION], why no comment on last weeks mini blip deserved greater attention from you, can't think why you kept quiet :lolol:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I don't know if you believe experts, but these were the government's own figures for the impact of Brexit. They don't look like a 'Brexit Dividend' to me.

View attachment 94148

Brought to you by the same people that predicted ...

brexitshock3.jpg

.... and 520,000/800,000 more unemployed, 10 to 18% house price crash. I'm not sure what level of gullibility is needed to believe civil service forecasts predicting 15 years into the future when they can't even get it right a couple of months in advance.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Brought to you by the same people that predicted ...

brexitshock3.jpg

.... and 520,000/800,000 more unemployed, 10 to 18% house price crash. I'm not sure what level of gullibility is needed to believe civil service forecasts predicting 15 years into the future when they can't even get it right a couple of months in advance.

Since when did anyone take notice of Civil Servants. They are non-wealth creators and non-employers, detached from the business world and a massive drain on public finances.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not at all, do you think it can ever be helpful having 15 year projection, I would have poured scorn on it if it was positive news for Brexit, its a waste of time and undermines the nearer term projections which you might have used as an indication of a future loss of growth.

By the way how are the markets [MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION], why no comment on last weeks mini blip deserved greater attention from you, can't think why you kept quiet [emoji38]ol:
I'm afraid I can only really talk one point at a time with you and your denial problems. Last week was spent dragging it out of you that the education system is indeed faltering, even at your wife's school.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Since when did anyone take notice of Civil Servants. They are non-wealth creators and non-employers, detached from the business world and a massive drain on public finances.

Government forecasting has been notoriously inaccurate whichever party is in power. It was so bad they even had to set up the OBR to try and restore some credibility. People seem to suddenly take notice and attach credibilty to highly speculative forecasts .. when it suits their agenda? I would like to see a law introduced where 'forecasters' (or 'experts' :facepalm:) be they civil service or private would need a yearly accuracy audit.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I'm afraid I can only really talk one point at a time with you and your denial problems. Last week was spent dragging it out of you that the education system is indeed faltering, even at your wife's school.

It's a pointless task trying to convince you that we are not due a four day week or that school's have not become a third world environment.

I offered some insight into some of the stresses for those working within it but also the well resourced schools that my wife goes into, local state schools here in sussex, ipad per pupil, new computer suites, secure and modern facilities, healthy sports budgets and fantastically motivated teachers and support staff going about their daily work, it's difficult for me specifically to quiz my wife on everything that goes on especially if she then thinks I am going to share it on here, but suffice to say she could do with a bigger budget, she could do with more of her wonderful staff rather than a small number that excasserbates those strains by those that seem to hold a low threshold of any circumstance that leads to absenteeism that then effects the whole school.

In conclusion no doubt school's could do with a few quid more, my wife could do with a few more motivated and reliable teachers and support staff to complement those that are already in the profession, but they dont need to do a four day week or contributions to put toilet paper in the bathrooms, that's just just propoganda or broken management.

That's my position and I know precisely which agenda you would like to peddle but it doesnt fit with my wifes 20+ years experience of teaching in sussex.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ulster talks break down once Maggie May gets involved, best thing she steps aside and let's a competent leader like Corbyn take over the Brexit negotiations
Give her a break poor dear, she's lucky if she can achieve consensus on the choice of sandwich fillings at Cabinet meetings!

What hope would she have of dealing with people like Alfredmizen with their entrenched views?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

You should check my posts about the trade deficit. I gave up trying to impress upon [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] I was wanting to discuss the trade deficit specifically, and not inflation or whatever. The clue was in the words trade...and deficit. But I failed.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You should check my posts about the trade deficit. I gave up trying to impress upon [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] I was wanting to discuss the trade deficit specifically, and not inflation or whatever. The clue was in the words trade...and deficit. But I failed.

Jeeez you mean the UK trade deficit that narrowed by £7 billion in 2017, you're the poster that just keeps giving.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/balance-of-trade

Considering 2017 as a whole, the trade deficit narrowed by GBP 7.0 billion from the previous year to GBP 33.7 billion, as exports rose 11.3 percent to GBP 617.2 billion while imports increased at a softer 9.3 percent to GBP 650.9 billion. Main exports were mechanical machinery, cars, electrical machinery and medicinal and pharmaceutical products, and the biggest export partners were the United States, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Ireland and China. Meanwhile main imports were electrical machinery, mechanical machinery, cars, other miscellaneous manufactures and medicinal and pharmaceutical products. The most important sources of imports were Germany, China, the Netherlands, the United States and France.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's a pointless task trying to convince you that we are not due a four day week or that school's have not become a third world environment.

I offered some insight into some of the stresses for those working within it but also the well resourced schools that my wife goes into, local state schools here in sussex, ipad per pupil, new computer suites, secure and modern facilities, healthy sports budgets and fantastically motivated teachers and support staff going about their daily work, it's difficult for me specifically to quiz my wife on everything that goes on especially if she then thinks I am going to share it on here, but suffice to say she could do with a bigger budget, she could do with more of her wonderful staff rather than a small number that excasserbates those strains by those that seem to hold a low threshold of any circumstance that leads to absenteeism that then effects the whole school.

In conclusion no doubt school's could do with a few quid more, my wife could do with a few more motivated and reliable teachers and support staff to complement those that are already in the profession, but they dont need to do a four day week or contributions to put toilet paper in the bathrooms, that's just just propoganda or broken management.

That's my position and I know precisely which agenda you would like to peddle but it doesnt fit with my wifes 20+ years experience of teaching in sussex.
Excellent, what a waste of your time and effort and STILL misunderstand what I said! Don't remember I said, and posted links to a discussion of WSCC and other sources about ' considering ' moving to a 4 day week to save money?

Your replies over many diatribes always can be simplified to " Vegster said schools are starting a 4 day week any day now and that's rubbish ' please show some of these posts to your wife, she might be able to help you comprehend the word " considering ".

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Excellent, what a waste of your time and effort and STILL misunderstand what I said! Don't remember I said, and posted links to a discussion of WSCC and other sources about ' considering ' moving to a 4 day week to save money?

Your replies over many diatribes always can be simplified to " Vegster said schools are starting a 4 day week any day now and that's rubbish ' please show some of these posts to your wife, she might be able to help you comprehend the word " considering ".

Mate, call me out when a school goes on a four day week and we can discuss it then, you told us nearly everything will crash and burn since the referndum, you want me to see a link where someone from somewhere said they are considering a four day week, well it hasnt been mentioned ever by anyone I know in the profession they don't continually expect imminent disaster on absolutely everything, your just an avid anti Brexit and anti Tory not unknown in the teaching profession either but it doesnt matter what happens you will continually just blame even if it isn't actually happening.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You have to admire his persistence in the face of reality, maybe he suffers from Opposition/Defiance Disorder? No matter how simple you make things for him it never seems to help.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Mate, call me out when a school goes on a four day week and we can discuss it then, you told us nearly everything will crash and burn since the referndum, you want me to see a link where someone from somewhere said they are considering a four day week, well it hasnt been mentioned ever by anyone I know in the profession they don't continually expect imminent disaster on absolutely everything, your just an avid anti Brexit and anti Tory not unknown in the teaching profession either but it doesnt matter what happens you will continually just blame even if it isn't actually happening.
Last word, look up WorthLess Campaign.. Say nothing, just read. Remember, one thing at a time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Same here. He is still either willfully or not missing my point and addressing items I’ve not posted. And it was a point which was spelt out twice. It’s pointless. Utterly pointless.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here