Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] PFA annual accounts, Gordon Taylor £2,290,276 salary

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'd normally not be bothered but players' subs total about £600k, Taylor trousers around 4 times that so who's agenda is he promoting ?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The annual subscription fees of the 4500 PFA members which was about £150.00 per annum a year or so ago do not pay his and the rest of the Unions outgoings. The surplus comes from the Premier League.
Work that out.
When the kick out Homophobia in football campaigners approached him to help mount their campaign by trying to liasae with players to front it he replied that they would be open to ridicule and that he could have no truck with it.
There are few men in the game I dislike more than GT.

Cheers for that. I was just about to ask how the PFA is funded! I did wonder if it had PL money behind it. The proportions of the funds being allocated to some areas don't really marry up with other bits. Very odd...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The point is this. Gordon Taylor is the top representative out there with the sole aim of helping professional footballers. Most of his income comes from the Premier League or if we want to be upfront about it...... the tv companies.
Tv money filters down to all leagues - albeit not enough in some cases - and then he takes on a case against a club on behalf of a disgruntled or badly treated player. I’m not talking of a Mahrez sulking type incident here either.

There has to be the possibility of conflicts of interest surely. His wages should come from players subscriptions alone. If they want to up their annual payments then that’s well and good but the way it exists now stinks.

Ask the family of Jeff Astle if they think it’s fair.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did you not mean to add, how can I apply for that role?

Sadly my voice is insufficiently dreary and nasal, and I have views and opinions, some of which become formulated into clever and constructive ideas.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The annual subscription fees of the 4500 PFA members which was about £150.00 per annum a year or so ago do not pay his and the rest of the Unions outgoings. The surplus comes from the Premier League.
Work that out.
When the kick out Homophobia in football campaigners approached him to help mount their campaign by trying to liasae with players to front it he replied that they would be open to ridicule and that he could have no truck with it.
There are few men in the game I dislike more than GT.

Wow. A union leader whose salary is paid to a significant extent by the bosses. That makes even the US 'Teamsters' of the 1950s pale into insignificance. And yes, a reactionary old cuntandahalf to boot. And he has been in power almost as long as Robert Mugabe was. FFS.

So there is a story here after all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here