Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shoreham Air show crash

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I know, I just stared at the shot of the jet just above where it crashed in shock.

Yes, took a while to understand the photo - it doesn't look like a plane that's going to crash, until you realise it has almost no forward momentum. And maybe that saved more lives? Also, I'm surprised there was another aircraft close enough to take that picture (albeit with a long lens).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Finally, confirmation that all my family are safe .... really, really, really releaved.
[MENTION=887]Boroseagull[/MENTION] - hope good news comes your way soon.

RIP to all those that lost their lives and my sincere condolences to the families and friends. Really shocking incident.

Many thanks to everyone on here for their good wishes and prayers - very much appreciated and just shows, despite our differences sometimes, we really are one great big family.

I'm so pleased the awful uncertainty is over for you.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Finally, confirmation that all my family are safe .... really, really, really releaved.

RIP to all those that lost their lives and my sincere condolences to the families and friends. Really shocking incident.

Many thanks to everyone on here for their good wishes and prayers - very much appreciated and just shows, despite our differences sometimes, we really are one great big family.

Good news WS, now we can only hope for the same outcome for Boroseagull. The sad bit is whatever happens, some family somewhere is gonna be in deep pain and shock.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
My tickets for today have become a donation to the RAFA, only wish it could go to those effected by the incident.
Likewise - can't believe in these awful circumstances that people are worried about refunds.

Jacob played 3 times for REMF against palace
This really is getting too close to NSC. It's quite poignant that, in turn, there will inevitably be a fund-raising match for the pair. Midfielder Jacob Schilt is in the stripes whilst Matt Grimstone was a goalkeeper..
Matt-Grimstone-and-Jacob-Schilt.jpg

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

Fantastic news, I hope boroseagull gets the good news he is waiting for......

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

Thank **** for that. Try and resist the temptation to ape when explaining that you really should have been reassured more quickly. I'm so pleased you know and that all is well.

Hopefully [MENTION=887]Boroseagull[/MENTION] will get the news he wants soon.

Good stuff.

Must have been hell waiting for news.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
This gives you an idea of how busy the road was at the time youtube.com/watch?v=KkIpPzvhk08

Slow moving traffic, bumper to bumper. Could have so easily taken out tens of cars if it wasn't for crashing at the traffic lights.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Thank goodness they're safe.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
So pleased your family are ok was thinking of you Westdene Seagull . Hoping for the same for you Boroseagull.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

At last a piece of good news, very happy your worry is over, not sure I would have coped at all.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Was it from an aircraft? I had assumed it was from a hill (but have nothing to base that on).

Not sure which photo is being referred to, but at least some of the pictures that have been published look like they were taken from the vicinity of that large, concrete, arch-shaped bridge which passes over the A27 just east of the flyover. Is it Mill Hill, maybe?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What's sobering about that shot from The Telegraph (the one added at 11:36, looking down on the plane from above), is that there is a crowd of people on the verge to the right, by the pub, and a line of traffic held at the red lights. Somehow both were missed, or we could be looking at fatalities well into double figures.

Crash happened on runway alignment and the lights were green or else the casualties would be higher. Impact also occurred on the cyclepath and other casualties may be people watching the planes land or cycling past. The jet was flying over open fields and it always seems it is about to crash (I thought in the past) and then levels off at low level. I couldn't see any flame-out in the pictures before the crash. The rest for the investigation and the coroner's inquest (I've been on a jury at one of them: similiar low level crash when the aircraft is at the wrong height on take-off when the malfunction occurred at just the wrong height for the pilot to have any control.)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Not sure which photo is being referred to, but at least some of the pictures that have been published look like they were taken from the vicinity of that large, concrete, arch-shaped bridge which passes over the A27 just east of the flyover. Is it Mill Hill, maybe?

The pictures with the Albion Training Complex in the background would be taken with a 300+ m lens from Mill Hill.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

This, absolutely. We're a big family and a small community. And like you say, we sometimes have our differences, but when the chips are down we support each other as a community. When one of us hurts, we all hurt.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
This really is getting too close to NSC. It's quite poignant that, in turn, there will inevitably be a fund-raising match for the pair. Midfielder Jacob Schilt is in the stripes whilst Matt Grimstone was a goalkeeper..
View attachment 67980

from a separate thread on here; Jacob posted on NSC as Shoobs.

edit: sorry was as [MENTION=6087]SNOOBS[/MENTION]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here