Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Naylor tweet regarding new striker....it's Sammy Ameobi!,,

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
After a quick search, most locals seem to think he's skilful and quick and could develop into a decent player under a decent coach and first team football. If Hughton was with him at Newcastle this could have legs. It looks like they offered him a new contract but so far he's not signed it.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
He's 23, 6'4", quick and made 25 Premier League appearances last season, but, of course, he's not good enough for Brighton! Who the **** are we expecting to sign! I 'd be very pleased if we managed to sign him.

Last edited:

Yoda

English & European
Am i missing something or isn't he an out and out winger? Has he ever played as a striker in his career?

Think he played up front against us in the FA Cup a few years ago rather than out wide. Looked to be trying too hard with the tricks and and losing the ball most the time. Gave Newcastle no real kind of outlet.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Sorry I seem to have missed the part where the admin called a correct transfer and Naylor hasn't. We haven't even signed anyone yet, how can Naylor be 'behind'?

I find the whole "our gang is better than your gang" attitude by some on here slightly pathetic. Bozza may well have sources, but so does Naylor. The Argus has a job to do, and provide information as accurately as they can.

This is a forum for rumour and debate. Anything posted on here remains just that until it is verified by the Argus and, ultimately, the club.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Think he played up front against us in the FA Cup a few years ago rather than out wide. Looked to be trying too hard with the tricks and and losing the ball most the time. Gave Newcastle no real kind of outlet.
Was it not him that got sent off after Spanish Dave's embarrassing roll around on the floor to make sure he got the 2nd yellow.

I'd be pleased if we signed him anyway. A young player who may flourish of giving a run at a lower level.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Was it not him that got sent off after Spanish Dave's embarrassing roll around on the floor to make sure he got the 2nd yellow.

I'd be pleased if we signed him anyway. A young player who may flourish of giving a run at a lower level.

That was his brother shola that was red carded.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Maybe Kaz can use his Newcastle connections to get him to sign for us. I can see the tweet now... [MENTION=3790]sammy[/MENTION]ameobi come join us brudddaaa brap brap weze playaz @officialbhafc

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm not a fan of the leggy, ungainly mess of a player and I wouldn't be in favour of signing Sammy Ameobi. Shola, absolutely. Sammy, not for me and I'm concerned about his attitude as well. He might be a decent player at Championship level but I can see him dropping down through the leagues over the next few years, he's all potential and little abilit at the moment.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I've not seen him play, therefore I'm in no position to judge whether he'll be good enough for us or not. I think I must be in the minority on here that hasn't seen him play, it seems.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
http://www.themag.co.uk/2014/10/pardew-sammy-ameobi-ripping-premier-league/

Saturday 11th October 2014 by Jim Robertson
Sammy Ameobi should be ‘ripping up’ the Premier League according to Alan Pardew.

The United boss claims that with his pace and ‘fantastic technical ability’, the twenty two year old has failed to fulfil his potential.

Pardew also claiming that he and his coaches have had to have the patience of a saint with the Newcastle winger;

“He’s been a young player in the shadow of his brother for a long time but this is a guy who‘s quick and has fantastic technical ability, he should be ripping this division up really, but he hasn’t been.

“We’ve had to have the patience of a saint with Sammy and he’ll admit that.

“Now we need to see him deliver. The threat to him is still there – this is a big season for him.”

Signs of hope at Swansea?;

“He did particularly well when he came on at Swansea. He’s someone I’ve spoken about so many times over the past few seasons, talking about his potential.

“I was in a lift with him and his head was hitting the ceiling, he’s six foot five as well.”

Maybe we have got to the bottom of Sammy’s lack of success/progress, he needs to stop banging his head quite as much…

Worrying quotes from the player himself the other day about the coaching at Newcastle, with Sammy Ameobi innocently talking about the benefits of having practised crossing the ball before the Swansea match – as though it was some startling new development in football coaching.

One thing must be for sure and that is unless the younger Ameobi can make a big impression this season, then at the age of 23 when his contract ends in the summer, Newcastle surely can’t fall into the same trap they did with Shola. Giving out contract after contract for next to little return.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I find the whole "our gang is better than your gang" attitude by some on here slightly pathetic. Bozza may well have sources, but so does Naylor. The Argus has a job to do, and provide information as accurately as they can.

This is a forum for rumour and debate. Anything posted on here remains just that until it is verified by the Argus and, ultimately, the club.

I'm not in anyone's gang.

Stephen Ward and Adam Clayton were verified by the Argus.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
I've not seen him play, therefore I'm in no position to judge whether he'll be good enough for us or not. I think I must be in the minority on here that hasn't seen him play, it seems.

Not seen him play neither but he stats are enough for me to judge and its no thanks.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here