Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

86.7% season ticket renewals...

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
Let's not forget, giving up a season ticket does not mean giving up your support. Of those 13% I imagine quite a number will still attend games on a semi regular basis.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I think that given the poor season these numbers are a marvelous show of loyalty.
And has said before not renewing a ST doesn't mean they will stop going altogether.

A good start to the season will see the crowds back to 2013-2014 levels. (Fingers crossed)

Let's not forget, giving up a season ticket does not mean giving up your support. Of those 13% I imagine quite a number will still attend games on a semi regular basis.

Having given up last season i have not felt the need to pay £42 for my old seat,the four occasions i have attended have been on someones spare ticket. I think the difference between ticket prices are good to keep st holders but will limit the match by match fans.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Having given up last season i have not felt the need to pay £42 for my old seat,the four occasions i have attended have been on someones spare ticket. I think the difference between ticket prices are good to keep st holders but will limit the match by match fans.

much cheaper by ST ...still you choose to go watch football elsewhere...which is your choice and the best of luck to you ...but the constant sniping is a tad monotonous don't you think?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
That will disappoint a lot of the sad old whingers on here who actually seem to be happier when things are bad for us.

I expect there will be those that will try their hardest to rubbish this achievement, after all there is bound to be a conspiracy going on isn't there

So 19k s/t walk up a generous 1k away 500=20500 no shows on a night game 5k+15500 for some games. but this will never happen:rolleyes:

Bit confused here. [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION]. [MENTION=22339]A mex eyecan[/MENTION]. what exactly do you mean?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
But that sort of stacks up doesn't it? Just because i stick to my guns it might be tiresome but is it wrong?

I like to think i put an unpopular viewpoint in a considered and thoughtful way and i'm never rude.

You've not directly responded to my post but have quoted something i said hence i will comment.....you have never to my knowledge been rude to any poster and we have enjoyed some nice banter...and indeed you are correct re the £42 ticket to me it is high...but as i understand it there have generally been cheaper tickets available for most matches should you have wished to attend...and yet you will concentrate on the negative and only offer a morsel of praise

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
But that sort of stacks up doesn't it? Just because i stick to my guns it might be tiresome but is it wrong?

I like to think i put an unpopular viewpoint in a considered and thoughtful way and i'm never rude.

But you've been proven to be wrong, some people were predicting huge drops in numbers and attendances and it still hasn't happened. Regardless of how many people attend each match the club have still sold a tremendous amount of season tickets especially after this season.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Basically, an expected churn rate.

exactly and this doesn't account for the new arrivals...I was one from the bronze members and on the day it opened the lines were very busy. Considering this year, if many of those 1,000 bronze members become season ticket holders it's almost year on year the same level of season ticket holders. Seriously impressive especially given some of the leavers will have been through unforeseen circumstances (moving, insufficient cash,banned by wife,...)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Amazing how it doesn't reflect the original poll on here? I think when all is said and done fans can't keep away - a good thing - up the Albion :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
PS - but what about our difficult 2nd year at the Amex - that figure will be less than half..

PS - but what about our difficult 3rd year at the Amex - that figure will be less than half..

PS - Give it 3 seasons that figure will be less than half...

PS - give it one bad season and all those plastics won't renew...

All of which the palace fans said... Oops.!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

So are you saying that you were being limited by the vclub as to which area you could choose to buy your match day tickets in and they only allowed you to purchase seats in the most expensive part of the ground when there are areas which are near to half the price of that?

Why didn't you ever buy in those areas if you wanted to attend but were put off by the £42 price?

Why were you only interested in Category A games which is when the full £42 price is charged, but not in any for the category C games the same seats where £35 and the cheapest adult seats were just £25?

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
I think there's a perception of some older fans that people who started going in the amex era will be fickle or plastic. I reckon there'll be a lot of people who've found a team to support and will continue to support through thick and thin.

Feb 14, 2010
Anyone whose family has followed this club for 3 or 4 generations knows that this club has always been a very well supported despite having a lower league team for all but a few seasons and only 1 Charity Shield in 1910 and 1 FA Cup final losing appearance to shout about. Many people strangely tried to judge the club from the days of serial decline, Gillingham and Withdean but many of those same people dont judge Wolves during their decline to div 4. It is a part of supporting a club where the team have always been a let down. No glory at the Albion but anyone who is surprised by this just doesn't understand this football club. When will the team match the support?

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
A 13% decline in purely hard-nosed Business terms is scary. On a spreadsheet,and in a time of moderate uplift in GDP, it suggests almost terminal decline.
Supporters are inclined to paint a rosy picture, but trust me, there will be more 'sh^t on the porcelain incidents' in the administrative centre than is commonly realised.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
well let's hope that the 13% will be made up with the supporters who have only come along to moan and bitch. Perhaps they will be better off following their Prem team and watch it down the pub just as they used to do

'Moan and bitch'.......you really don't do irony, do you

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I think when all is said and done fans can't keep away - a good thing - up the Albion :)

This is so true. Many a time this season I've been sat in my seat, bored to tears with the dross we're playing, thinking to myself what the hell am I doing here. Then renewal time comes around and I don't even think about not renewing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here