Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Fantastic response to those of us who stayed to clap them off.....

Oh and did anyone else see dunk's reaction as he was in front of the NS. ". Yesssssssss. Get the **** in....and bunch of ****ers....." as he went past the NS

Fabulous scenes.
Was brilliant. Capped off a marvellous evening that will live long in the memory

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
His dancing at the end was magnificent...BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBissouma..:rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave: I'm sure he was still dancing down the tunnel to the dressing room.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Stephens isn't at their level. It's so patently obvious.
Hold on, I'm not saying Stephens is a shoe in but Bissouma has gone missing several times this season in a way that Stephens hasn't.

That said, tonight Bissouma turned in probably the best 90 minute Albion midfield performance I've seen since Razak against Ipswich, and that was in the league below.

Bissouma should start simply on the basis that he played easily well enough to keep the shirt, but let's not pretend Bissouma won't have bang average performances too. That's why he's here and not at a top 4 side.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
What a performance from the big guy. He really arrived today. He made so many tackles and gave his all. He will get better with experience too. Haven't enjoyed such a midfield performance for years....he has that bit of extra bite....he will probably get many yellow cards but he is a very exciting prospect. The whole team gave everything and while the first half was exciting because of the goals and incidents..the second was a defensive masterclass while still looking threatening on the break.
It doesn't get much better than this, beating your rivals 3-1 with ten men,tenth in the table.
Hughton too negative? I'm not bothered after that feast of excitement and our race to safety gaining pace.
Well done all.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
He is offensive - on the front foot, even when defending.

He stays on his feet and simply doesn't dive in, forcing the opponent to make a decision.

A real talent who has years of improvements to come.

But he sure can't dance.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's almost as if these players needed a bit of time to get up to speed and probably weren't going to set the league on fire straight away. If only the manager realised tha...

Oh. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

And some of us had the temerity to criticise the manager for not throwing all the new signings in at the deep end on day 1. 'Why oh why spend (etc etc)?' :rolleyes::lolol:

Stephens may be a good tactical choice given the Burnley direct bruisers - but Bissouma should also start. Ordinarily tho the greater movement of a Davy Bissouma partnership is a joy to watch and can transform that defensive mindset we occasionally drop into

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bissouma showed us a different side to his game - doggedness and persistence. There is real competition for places in midfield now,, and he is fast becoming a fans favourite. I think he earned his spurs tonight and looked like a real Prem player.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
And some of us had the temerity to criticise the manager for not throwing all the new signings in at the deep end on day 1. 'Why oh why spend (etc etc)?' :rolleyes::lolol:

Exactly. Fulham did and look at them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Amazing how many people think Stephens would be replacing Bissouma when he was playing in Propper's position. :lolol:

Propper was playing the Stephens role, so it will be one of those two + Bissouma who is undroppable.

Wonder when it will cotton on that we have different types of players for 2 different roles in central mid.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
If Stephens returns with Bissouma in the centre then Solly is freed up as a winger .....so we now are choosing between Stephens , Propper , Bissouma, Kayal in the centre and Solly , Knocky, Izzy, Pascal as the attacking mids ......Florin , Muzz and Locadia up front with Connolly waiting in the wings .......happy days , hopefully the team have really learned something from this particular game ......UTA...!!! Really want Locadia to succeed by the way , seems like a top lad , maybe if GM shoulder is iffy then he gets a run up front with Andone....??

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I loved Bissouma casually rolling the ball off the penalty spot while Milivojevic was arguing with the ref.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
It looked as though he picked up a bit of a groin strain in the 2nd half but seemed to just 'get on with it'

I wonder whether he may be rested on Saturday because of that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here