Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
This whole bizarre farce continues.

Palace fans can now apply to be part of the singing section, but the club seem to have an opaque process in place to decide who does and doesn't make the cut. Either that or they ARE holding X Factor style auditions:

"Crystal Palace FC are introducing a 'singing section' in Block E of the Lower Tier of the Holmesdale Road Stand for the 2019/20 season with the aim of creating a wall of noise and further enhancing our fantastic home atmosphere.

This singing section waiting list is currently available to 18/19 season ticket holders only. If you feel you are suitable and would like to to be a part of this exciting initiative, please apply either by signing up to the singing section waiting list online here or by calling the box office on 08712 000 071.

Please note that it is anticipated that places will be limited and the club will have the final say on which applications are successful."

Brilliant.

And the ‘Ultras’ then have the brass neck to claim to be against modern football...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Palace fans can now apply to be part of the singing section, but the club seem to have an opaque process in place to decide who does and doesn't make the cut. Either that or they ARE holding X Factor style auditions:

"Crystal Palace FC are introducing a 'singing section' in Block E of the Lower Tier of the Holmesdale Road Stand for the 2019/20 season with the aim of creating a wall of noise and further enhancing our fantastic home atmosphere.

This singing section waiting list is currently available to 18/19 season ticket holders only. If you feel you are suitable and would like to to be a part of this exciting initiative, please apply either by signing up to the singing section waiting list online here or by calling the box office on 08712 000 071.

Please note that it is anticipated that places will be limited and the club will have the final say on which applications are successful."
I heard the working title for the selection process is "We're so tinpot, get us out of here".

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I thought that the previous Ultras were boycotting Selhurst this season?

Yet that says the new singing section is only open to existing STH...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I thought that but then read "waiting list" so I take that to mean the hoddie boyz who threw their season tickets out of their pram are automatically the "singing section" next year and anybody else goes on the waiting list until audition day.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
"This singing section waiting list is currently available to 18/19 season ticket holders only."

So the spotty oiks have already bagged their prime seats... only places on the waiting list available??

#tinpotorwhat?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
How would one know if i feel suitable to join ?

You have to be Glad all over and like to make a Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ooooooh Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah noise quite a bit and buy all your togs from Potters Outfitters , i reckon you'd make chairman by January :lolol:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

That, and it says that the “club” (sic) will have the final say on which applications are accepted.

I thought that the yoofs had been given a block of 400 seats and that they were going to provide a list of names to the club saying who should get them? No?

This whole mess could have lots of mileage left. Te he.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011

Singing up to the signing section, Shirley?

And try saying that after a few beers...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Erm...I thought they said it wasn't hence the 'idea' to give the Holmsdale choir boys new pews?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The tinpottery reaches new levels. They truly are the gift that keeps on giving.

How are the natives taking this new development?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You know that you are a Palace Fan if you chastise your 12yo daughter for smoking at the dinner table...

...in front of her children.

Harsh.....but.....:lolol:

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I’m currently learning guitar. Would it be ok to take it to the auditions?

Only a triangle mate..most of the fearsome brave boys will be at rehearsal right now with Mrs Bottomley..."Little Donkey, Little Donkey"..wonder what Tomkins and (£30m) Sakho will make of that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here