Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Incredible tributes left to Leicester City chairman (including BHAFC shirt)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
more here: https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...ity-vichai-srivaddhanaprabha-tributes-2187648

tribute2.png

Spot the Albion shirt. :)

tribute.png

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
And also the yellow Leicester shirt that we wore when we turned up to Leicester with a blue kit!

Amazing tributes.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wonder what'll happen to all that stuff when it has to be cleared away.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
What is going to happen to the shirts et al? Would be fitting to send over to Thailand and be distributed among the kids in poorer rural areas

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
I wonder what'll happen to all that stuff when it has to be cleared away.
If only the thousands spent on those supermarket bouquets could instead have been funnelled into a suitable charity – poor kids in Thailand, for example.

He was a good man, no doubt about that. I'd always imagined King Power as some sort of energy company, rather than the monopoly operator of all of Thailand's duty-free shops. Who'd have thought it?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
'Just a little story which seems to sum Vichai up.
We went to the San Carlo for dinner on a Saturday night.
It was round about the time Jamie Vardy broke the record for those 11 consecutive PL goals.
We were given a table near him and a load of Thai folk. They were all eating great big bowls of mussels like they were going out of fashion. Nothing else. Just mussels.
I couldn't believe it was him. But the waiters confirmed it was.
Anyway I plucked up courage to pop over and say thankyou for everything he was doing at the Club. On the spur of the moment I gave him a teeny LCFC lapel badge. One of the old ones like a mini shield before Bentleys Roof started to flog their badges.
It cost me all of 2 Quid from a vendor outside a warehouse next to the old Half Time Orange in Burnmoor St many years ago.
He was delighted to take it and pinned it on the front of his shirt.
I went back to carry on with ordering our meals.
The waiter pops over to say Vichai would like to buy us a bottle of fizz.
I waved to Vichai and said thanks but no thanks that wasn't why I had given him my badge.
So we had our meal and wanted to get back for MOTD. So I asked for the Jack & Jill.
It was over a Ton.
Anyway 10 minutes later still no bill.
So I asked the waiter to hurry things up please.
The waiter comes over and says the bill had been paid by the Chairman.
I was gobsmacked but he waved to say he was not gonna change his mind.
We shook hands and I genuinely got the impression that he felt very honoured to have received the badge - all of 2 Quid's worth.
Sorry to have wasted your time but I just wanted to tell you about it.'

Some poignant posts here :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
'Just a little story which seems to sum Vichai up.
We went to the San Carlo for dinner on a Saturday night.
It was round about the time Jamie Vardy broke the record for those 11 consecutive PL goals.
We were given a table near him and a load of Thai folk. They were all eating great big bowls of mussels like they were going out of fashion. Nothing else. Just mussels.
I couldn't believe it was him. But the waiters confirmed it was.
Anyway I plucked up courage to pop over and say thankyou for everything he was doing at the Club. On the spur of the moment I gave him a teeny LCFC lapel badge. One of the old ones like a mini shield before Bentleys Roof started to flog their badges.
It cost me all of 2 Quid from a vendor outside a warehouse next to the old Half Time Orange in Burnmoor St many years ago.
He was delighted to take it and pinned it on the front of his shirt.
I went back to carry on with ordering our meals.
The waiter pops over to say Vichai would like to buy us a bottle of fizz.
I waved to Vichai and said thanks but no thanks that wasn't why I had given him my badge.
So we had our meal and wanted to get back for MOTD. So I asked for the Jack & Jill.
It was over a Ton.
Anyway 10 minutes later still no bill.
So I asked the waiter to hurry things up please.
The waiter comes over and says the bill had been paid by the Chairman.
I was gobsmacked but he waved to say he was not gonna change his mind.
We shook hands and I genuinely got the impression that he felt very honoured to have received the badge - all of 2 Quid's worth.
Sorry to have wasted your time but I just wanted to tell you about it.'

Some poignant posts here :)

Thats truly fantastic. I bet there are a ton of little tales like that which hardly anyone gets to hear about.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Maybe the shirts could go to a football coaching programme in Thailand. Remember similar schemes collecting kit for Africa in the past.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If only the thousands spent on those supermarket bouquets could instead have been funnelled into a suitable charity

It seems that since the death of Princess Diana, public out pourings of grief, mainly symbolised by floral tributes have become common place, many unfortunately following tragic events. This contrasts greatly with family funerals where the request for family flowers only, with the option to donate to a favourite charity is becoming the norm, as people understand that flowers are only for a few days, but by supporting a charity a lasting legacy can provide longer comfort.

It was obviously difficult for Leicester City to decide on how to proceed other than the remembrance book, as the floral tributes had starting appearing almost before the scene was declared safe. No doubt those that felt compelled to lay flowers would have gained something from the experience, it's just a shame that with a pause to enable discussions between Leicester City and the bereaved family many could have benefited from monetary donations to a suitable charity or a nearly formed foundation.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Drove past the KP on the way to the gym last night. Still over a hundred people outside at 9pm. Whatever anyone says he has clearly touched the hearts of the people here.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
.....it's just a shame that with a pause to enable discussions between Leicester City and the bereaved family many could have benefited from monetary donations to a suitable charity or a nearly formed foundation.

It's surely up to the individual how they pay their respects. If someone feels better buying a bunch of flowers and personally laying them outside the stadium, saying a few private words or thinking a few personal thoughts than making an impersonal online donation, then that's their choice...

It's how you want to deal with it yourself, I suppose - irrespective of what other people think, or how other people could benefit.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here