Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Morteza Pouraliganji

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
That's just not a valid argument as you're not comparing like with like.

If players like Lawrenson were playing today, they'd just be fitter versions of the players that they were. ML looked equally at home in midfield as he did in defence, something no-one would ever say about Dunk. LD is clearly a class player and we're lucky to have him but Lawrenson was in a class of his owner, one of the best defenders in the world, not just in England.

Great point. In saying we can't compare across generations I immediately fell into the trap of trying to compare across generations.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Only the other day he immediately started to say positive stuff on Bissouma and that is in my opinion a ''very good call''
It hardly ranks as clever though does it.

Anyway, it doesn't matter, we don't really want to analyse all of BG's past posts.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am not sure about Bong being the best now as I have been impressed with Bernardo playing on the left as opposed to his first game at right back against Wimbledon.

Pull your F#cking neck in in BG - OR others will chop it f#cking off.

I was asked to come up with clever sensible posts you made. ; I come up with a few to back you up and there you go sticking your neck on the chopping block again.

I might even happen happen to agree with you again but Bong is still a better defender than Bernardo but Bernardo is most definitely better on the ball going forward.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
LOL LOL - He has over 65 thousand posts

I have no intention of going through and looking for the ones I agree with

So you can't find one single example where you agree with his opinion?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So we're in agreement that some things aren't just opinion, and that you can say someone is wrong if they think Murray is worth more than Kane. Now it's just a case of whether your opinion on the value of Dunk and Moore is far out enough for us all to agree you're wrong :)

He is definitely wrong (again!)...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Just one will do. If I read something clever from BG, I'd remember it. Hell I'd print it out and frame it!

Sorry BG, I'm sure you feel similarly about me.

Seconded... I honestly can't think of one thing he has said that I agree with...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Only the other day he immediately started to say positive stuff on Bissouma and that is in my opinion a ''very good call'' even at this early stage because his views are shared by the people who signed him and those who will work with him.

He has also made good calls on Gaetan Bong in the past when others have slated him because again Bong had defied many people's expectations and had a decent season last year when many said he couldn't step up to be PL standard.

BG has always stated that Bong is the best left back at the club when others have doubted him on that front.

Okay... too soon to form a valid opinion on Yves, but certainly a good start by him...

The Bong example is a good one and, I have to say, I agree with it, although Bernardo will probably overtake him (again, too soon to be sure)...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Read my posts . I am not going through his 65 thousand posts but I have posted examples of subjects he talked sense on.

You provided examples after your post that said you refused to provide them (the one I responded to)!! :)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Anyway, I am highly impressed that BG has offered up 1 (count them, one!) sensible opinion across his 65k+ posts... what a guy!

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I like Bong as a defender.

He is a great defender, but he has a pass completion of 70% which is low and puts us under too much pressure. Unfortunately Bernardo's passing stats at RB Leipzig are not much better, which is a worry.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Apropos of nothing I wonder what posters average is for thumbs v posts.

I receive 1 'thumb' for every 3.09 posts.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Even I cant count the number of times I have been right or people agree with me.

LoL! :) I know, it's probably difficult for you to count past 1! ;-)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here