Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion u21 Vs Aston Villa u21 At The Amex

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
What happened to that icelandic (I think) kid that wasn't Ragnur? Think he was a defensive midfielder

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I thought I saw that Simon Ireland is off to QPR but cannot find that reference now?

He is, and once again the Argus have been complete numpties and put all the useful information in 3 or 4 different stories. In the one about Colunga, Bennett and JFC being back, the last line is : Meanwhile, QPR-bound coach Simon Ireland remains in charge of the under-21s against Aston Villa at The Amex tonight (7pm).

Rather than putting it in the Toko story where it belonged.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
What happened to that icelandic (I think) kid that wasn't Ragnur? Think he was a defensive midfielder

Emil Asmundsson. He was injured in the first U-21 league game of the season against Blackburn Rovers back in August, and hasn't been seen since.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Emil Asmundsson. He was injured in the first U-21 league game of the season against Blackburn Rovers back in August, and hasn't been seen since.

Indeed - [MENTION=3447]Rookie[/MENTION] is confusing the two Icelandic lads.

Emil Asmundsson - defensive midfield, U21s.
Ragnar mar Larrusson - attacking midfield, U17/18.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Indeed - [MENTION=3447]Rookie[/MENTION] is confusing the two Icelandic lads.

Emil Asmundsson - defensive midfield, U21s.
Ragnar mar Larrusson - attacking midfield, U17/18.

I think [MENTION=3447]Rookie[/MENTION] knows there are two - he was asking about the one that WASN'T Ragnar.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
rather disappointed there isnt anybody on trial playing this evening, perhaps we dont have anybody on trial at the moment.

Really? Very few if any first team players have had a trial in the U21 first? Also this is an U21 game and I assume has to be made up of our players, it's not the development squad (reserves).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that you are wrong as Diarra was lined up to play in the last game but has since left and I expected to see a trialist playing. The DS and U21s are 1 and the same, different terminology as I can, see from the official website, as they do not mention DS in any capacity. As he has been recalled I would liked to have seen Monkana in the team.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Really? Very few if any first team players have had a trial in the U21 first? Also this is an U21 game and I assume has to be made up of our players, it's not the development squad (reserves).

As [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] says, the U-21s/development squad/reserves are all one-and-the-same thing. We have already had a couple of trialists play for the U-21s this season (Kieran Sadlier and Chike Kandi).

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
1-0 up at h/t. Goal from Muitt after a good cross by Toko.

We are well on top. Davis on the wing looks good. Rea playing as a holding midfielder.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Finished 2-0. Villa were better after we made a couple of changes but Walton largely untroubled.

Pappoe had a good game at CB, Toko did well in midfield. Rea was ok but not ready for 1st team. We missed Davis when he went off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here