Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you LIKE being busy?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I travel a lot and find I really like a plane journey as it forces me to read as I cannot do anything else!

My god...this is weird; I'm the same. I travel a lot and, aside from still finding flying exciting, I like trips as I have a beer (Punk IPA on EasyJet!) or a glass of red wine, do my German home work, and next thing I'm somewhere else with the sense of achievement of having my homework out the way.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I like being busy but very much on my terms. For example I like a weekend where I can do proper **** all for a couple of hours in the morning before throwing myself into a project in the afternoon. Don't know if that's because I currently have a toddler so a couple of hours peace is golden or whether I am just lazy. I never feel guilty if I am lazy though. It's my life so as long as me doing **** all for a bit doesn't cause problems for those around me that's ok. I work my arse off at work all week so deserve a little down time.

I'm also married so the chances of doing nothing for more than an hour or two are very slim

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I've had a dream since I was a little kid, and it's to earn a shit load of money while doing **** all. I really hope I can achieve it one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I can't stand doing nothing. My wife could quite easily sit in front of 4 or 5 episodes of NCIS and vegetate. My feet start getting figgety (Restless Leg Syndrome is an actual thing) and I get stressed.

I can't do "beach holidays" and at the weekend I'm normally up by 6am as I get bored lying there. Currently we have no kids but one on the way so sure I'll soon be desperate to be "lazy" person who just wants a quiet beach holiday and to lie in at the weekends:lolol:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
My god...this is weird; I'm the same. I travel a lot and, aside from still finding flying exciting, I like trips as I have a beer (Punk IPA on EasyJet!) or a glass of red wine, do my German home work, and next thing I'm somewhere else with the sense of achievement of having my homework out the way.

Not really relevant to the thread, but can you ever sleep on a plane? it matters not how tired I am, I can't for the life of me EVER sleep on a plane (I'm not scared of flying by the way, complete opposite in fact)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've had a dream since I was a little kid, and it's to earn a shit load of money while doing **** all. I really hope I can achieve it one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you considered becoming Kemy Augestein?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not really relevant to the thread, but can you ever sleep on a plane? it matters not how tired I am, I can't for the life of me EVER sleep on a plane (I'm not scared of flying by the way, complete opposite in fact)

Occasionally but it's due to a total lack of sleep. Some of the early morning flights I caught after Albion games at the end of last season were with little sleep.........

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Christ! where do I start? My wife decided she'd like to move to Ireland where she came from as a child in the early sixties, I went along with it thinking "what the hell", retire early, bigger but much cheaper property, live of the residue until company and state pensions kick in, etc etc. Went to Ireland and house hunted after a lot of study of property on line, saw our "dream home" and started the buying process. So sold up here, gave up my beloved season ticket in west lower, moved out of my house early thinking things would move at a similar speed there. Anyway five months and loads of aggro later (bought a new Build with no kitchen or flooring so buyer could chose their own) finally moved over, I hated it I always thought I was a strongish sort of guy mentally but it nearly done for me, the worries of Brexit, pension entitlements, health care, and a hundred and one other things which were probably insignificant but were massive to me I'm my mental state. Anyway we'd had the kitchen done all new flooring but a four bed bungalow with three reception rooms two bathrooms massive garage on an acre of grass was just too much. We put it on the market and luckily the first people who saw it bought it and we moved back with just our clothes and the cash, we were lucky that all our other stuff we stored at my wife's sisters in their sheds. Long story short, managed to buy back here in Eastbourne, as couldn't afford more than a flat in Brighton, and have just enough now to live on and massive amounts of renovation work on this bungalow to get it up to the standard of our Brighton home but I have not been happier in years. The only draw back is my season ticket. I refuse to go on a waiting list cause I'm stubborn, so will buy the odd ticket as I did last season and just watch games when I can, I will wait until we're sh*t again when season tickets become easier to buy. Don't know what the moral of this story is just maybe grass isn't always greener and you don't know what you have till it's gone, just enjoy every day keep busy and hold on tight to your Mrs if you're lucky enough to have one, she kept me sane and without her I don't know where I'd be. Bless her.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Every morning I make list of things I would like to do that day. If I achieve 2/3rds I have had a good day. Try it,it really makes you make that phone etc that you have been putting off.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Christ! where do I start? My wife decided she'd like to move to Ireland where she came from as a child in the early sixties, I went along with it thinking "what the hell", retire early, bigger but much cheaper property, live of the residue until company and state pensions kick in, etc etc. Went to Ireland and house hunted after a lot of study of property on line, saw our "dream home" and started the buying process. So sold up here, gave up my beloved season ticket in west lower, moved out of my house early thinking things would move at a similar speed there. Anyway five months and loads of aggro later (bought a new Build with no kitchen or flooring so buyer could chose their own) finally moved over, I hated it I always thought I was a strongish sort of guy mentally but it nearly done for me, the worries of Brexit, pension entitlements, health care, and a hundred and one other things which were probably insignificant but were massive to me I'm my mental state. Anyway we'd had the kitchen done all new flooring but a four bed bungalow with three reception rooms two bathrooms massive garage on an acre of grass was just too much. We put it on the market and luckily the first people who saw it bought it and we moved back with just our clothes and the cash, we were lucky that all our other stuff we stored at my wife's sisters in their sheds. Long story short, managed to buy back here in Eastbourne, as couldn't afford more than a flat in Brighton, and have just enough now to live on and massive amounts of renovation work on this bungalow to get it up to the standard of our Brighton home but I have not been happier in years. The only draw back is my season ticket. I refuse to go on a waiting list cause I'm stubborn, so will buy the odd ticket as I did last season and just watch games when I can, I will wait until we're sh*t again when season tickets become easier to buy. Don't know what the moral of this story is just maybe grass isn't always greener and you don't know what you have till it's gone, just enjoy every day keep busy and hold on tight to your Mrs if you're lucky enough to have one, she kept me sane and without her I don't know where I'd be. Bless her.

I like a story with a happy ending.
I'm pleased everything worked out.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
I tend to procrastinate a lot these days and then have to panic to get everything done.
I know I'm doing it, but just can't seem to stop myself.
I'm like this with jobs around the house as well, there are some major tasks there that have to be done but I just keep putting them off with some excuse or other.
Usually to play music.

I'm exactly the same - especially at work! Usually to spend my time reading crap like this on North Stand Chat :lolol:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I'm super busy and have a lot of hobbies, but totally able to relax. Because I'm busy so often, I do my utmost to just chill and enjoy the peace when I get it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here