Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Upsetting

meanmachine25

Jan 24, 2009
Give me the Gillingham years ....£6 to get in yes we were crap.....but the fans counted for something..... Not just their wallets.... And as for the gallows humour...... Good times and they call this progress...... Just saying ;)

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
What saddened me most was the number of people more concerned with screaming abuse at Sami and the players rather than actually supporting the team.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
In 27 years of supporting this football club I have never felt so apathetic as I have done this season. That includes the Gillingham years. Thanks Paul Barber for ripping the heart and soul out of our football club.

Great post. As others have said Barber has caused bad blood at this club. He's ripped the heart out of the club.
All of the momentum we built in our final season at Withdean, then moving into our fantastic new stadium, continually breaking our transfer record and raising the bar with player recruitment all seems in the dim and distant past.

It was an utterly depressing watch tonight, seeing so many empty seats and a poor team performance, with no direction or leadership on the bench.

Whilst FFP has played a part, we have neglected the playing side of the club which I find staggering as it was quality player recruitment that brought in much needed revenue e.g. Ulloa, Buckley, Bridcutt, Noone & Barnes. In effect we trusted our manager to speculate to accumulate, now we clog up the team with untested free transfers, loan players, panic buys (Baldock) & needless buys (Stockdale) when we had a perfectly sound keeper.

I started to sense something cancerous in the club last season, and this season the club have got what they deserved, they are treating the fans as mugs and it's about time we stood up and made our feelings clear. Player recruitment has been shambolic and it's no surprise to see such a low level of passion on the pitch when our squad has 6 loanees.

Sami has to go but he cannot shoulder all of the blame, Barber & Burke are as much too blame.

This club used to have a soul, Barber seems to have single handedly ripped that out, by trying to turn us into this corporate beast that values greed and money over loyalty and community.

Time for Bloom to make wholesale changes from top to bottom and clear out Barber, Burke, Jones & Hypia and start investing in the team again.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Sami has got off very lightly so far. People have given him time as they appreciate it's not all down to him alone, however team selection, tactics, motivation are and he is coming up way short.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I've never known an atmosphere to be so angry and hostile at a Brighton game before, it will take one hell of a turn-around to get everyone onside again. Where's Bloom right now? Oh yeah - Oz. Good timing.
Err TB was at the game tonight he was talking to Kieth Andrews outside the north stand at around 6.15.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It's times like this when we need all Albion fans to unite together and pull the club through this mess. Squabbling amongst ourselves will get us nowhere.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I really don't know where this fighting amongst ourselves in the North Stand comes from. It can only be that the stewards were trying to make themselves look important by wading into nothing because I didn't see any fighting

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Great post. As others have said Barber has caused bad blood at this club. He's ripped the heart out of the club.

Has he? Has he really?
I will happily lay the blame right now at Hyppia, Jones' and Burke's door but by going after Barber for our shi*ty situation is nonsensical. Barber has been given a job by TB and whether you like it or not he is delivering. The problems lie with those those other 3 clowns.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
In those days the anger was directed at a chairman who didn't give a toss about the club, today we have a Brighton fan as chairman but who has lost the plot. Major difference.

Not completely true. What about the Darlington night game in Nov 96 when the fans turned on Case and harangued him outside the ground after the game? Far worse atmosphere than this.

Jan 30, 2008
I've never known an atmosphere to be so angry and hostile at a Brighton game before, it will take one hell of a turn-around to get everyone onside again. Where's Bloom right now? Oh yeah - Oz. Good timing.
because he can £££££££££££££££££:thumbsup:
regards
DR

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
In 27 years of supporting this football club I have never felt so apathetic as I have done this season. That includes the Gillingham years. Thanks Paul Barber for ripping the heart and soul out of our football club.

This. Since the very first game of the season. In fact, before - it's just been obvious something's badly wrong

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
This is probably the first season in a long, long time that we are actually underachieving. It's new to a lot of people. Certainly new to myself. I started watching us in 1990 and it was all downhill from there.

I feel apathetic about football as a whole. I went to approx 200 Withdean games and have been to 15 (?) at the Amex.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
If I were Bloom I'd sack Barber and Burke first as I think they are more to blame for our current predicament. I think Hypia should go but not before the other two. Barber and Burke are ruining the Albion's 1st team and worst than that have alienated the fans. Tony we don't want them at our club anymore.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
All of the momentum we built in our final season at Withdean, then moving into our fantastic new stadium, continually breaking our transfer record and raising the bar with player recruitment all seems in the dim and distant past.

It was an utterly depressing watch tonight, seeing so many empty seats and a poor team performance, with no direction or leadership on the bench.

Whilst FFP has played a part, we have neglected the playing side of the club which I find staggering as it was quality player recruitment that brought in much needed revenue e.g. Ulloa, Buckley, Bridcutt, Noone & Barnes. In effect we trusted our manager to speculate to accumulate, now we clog up the team with untested free transfers, loan players, panic buys (Baldock) & needless buys (Stockdale) when we had a perfectly sound keeper.

I started to sense something cancerous in the club last season, and this season the club have got what they deserved, they are treating the fans as mugs and it's about time we stood up and made our feelings clear. Player recruitment has been shambolic and it's no surprise to see such a low level of passion on the pitch when our squad has 6 loanees.

Sami has to go but he cannot shoulder all of the blame, Barber & Burke are as much too blame.

This club used to have a soul, Barber seems to have single handedly ripped that out, by trying to turn us into this corporate beast that values greed and money over loyalty and community.

Time for Bloom to make wholesale changes from top to bottom and clear out Barber, Burke, Jones & Hypia and start investing in the team again.

This is one of my all time favourite posts on NSC. I've just copied and pasted it and sent it on to the old man in his hospital bed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here