Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Duchess of Cambridge

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
To get the very first glimpse, i suspect you will need to be at the business end viewing the royal beaver (she is too posh to call it an axe wound)

I was referring to us proles, the ones lucky enough to be allowed to breath the air the royals have only just finished with.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I was referring to us proles, the ones lucky enough to be allowed to breath the air the royals have only just finished with.

Ah okay. In which case your best bet is to be between Chris Ship and Nicholas Witchell whilst they gently do their best Alistair Burnett impression

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
TBH i'd forgotten that she was even pregnant. Prob because I was consumed in the Harry/Meghan wedding preparations.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
No you don't. Only the Queen and Prince Philip receive public money, and that is a refund from the Crown Estate money given the to Treasury.
Prince Charles and his family get their income from the Duchy of Cornwall.

I had this reply all ready to copy and paste as your comment was also expected.

And the Duchy of Cornwall is a gift from the Crown to the heir to the throne. The government considers the duchy to be a crown body and therefore exempt from paying corporation tax

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And the Duchy of Cornwall is a gift from the Crown to the heir to the throne. The government considers the duchy to be a crown body and therefore exempt from paying corporation tax

Quite. The argument that Charlie doesn't get any public money, only stands up, it you are happy to fully accept that someone being given an £800 million, 200 sq mile estate, just because they were (first-)born into a family that decided to commandeer it from the nation 700 years ago, is entirely right and proper.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh my God I didn't even know she was pregnant, thanks for the heads up I'll take the day off and nip up there right now.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
No you don't. Only the Queen and Prince Philip receive public money, and that is a refund from the Crown Estate money given the to Treasury.
Prince Charles and his family get their income from the Duchy of Cornwall.

I had this reply all ready to copy and paste as your comment was also expected.

True, but the Duchy of Cornwall is still land that the crown grabbed / was gifted centuries ago. So still making profit from the people...

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Assume she will be looked after very well by the excellent NHS staff that give blood, sweat and tears day after day........Unlike the Royals.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How many flipping times do I have to write this.

We need:-

- Highlight reel.
- Transfermarkt analysis.
- FIFA badge.
- HaB photo.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/nov/05/duchy-of-cornwall-tax-prince-wales-charles

A Duchy of Cornwall spokeswoman denied there was a tax advantage over competitors. "The Duke of Cornwall's income is taxed at income tax rates. The duchy is not subject to corporation tax and the duchy is not a corporation. The duchy is exempt from tax on capital gains, any capital gains have to be reinvested in the business and cannot be distributed."

He also pays income tax voluntarily although there is a dispute over how much.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Assume she will be looked after very well by the excellent NHS staff that give blood, sweat and tears day after day........Unlike the Royals.

Who pay for private treatment therefore not using up NHS resources. Freedom of choice.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Does anyone really give a damn? I know I don't.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I just watched 2 minutes of Sky News with Kay Burley talking to Rhiannon Mills and Alastair Bruce. I really wish I hadn't.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here