Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Huddersfield Town *** Official Match Thread ***

He has looked stronger than Murray though and actually goes for the ball. Murray has surpassed all expectations this season but needs to be dropped for the Palace game

Never going to happen - Would YOU drop him with a chance for him to score against his former team and our biggest rivals?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Murray was back to his lazy, useless self. Appalling performance among a sea of poor performances.

Not played as bad as that since Sami left.

And will someone please explain to CH what substitutes are for!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
After the emotional shredding, some positives...

One more point to add to the total.

West Brom, Stoke, Palace, Swansea and Huddersfield have all failed to gain ground on us.

There is one less game for all of those to make up the difference. West Brom 14 behind. Stoke 7 behind and both with 5 to play.

Our goal difference has not suffered any.

We will play better than that before season's end. The weight of expectation is a tough thing to master. We are now underdogs in every remaining fixture. There's always the occasional surprise at the end of the season and there's every chance we might yet spring one of them. Personally, I fancy Man Utd at our place.

Now I'm going to keep saying all of that to myself again and again until the heart rate comes down a little.
It's that third relegation place I'm a little concerned about.

Keeping fingers crossed for a Southampton loss tomorrow.

Goberpiles

Feb 25, 2017
Woeful can’t pass, missing two clear one on ones, Murray too slow and knackered yet is on the pitch for 70 mnutes, concede a silly goal, red that wasn’t from my seat a yellow let alone a red. Seemed no urgency Huddersfield come for a point and got it because we simply are not good enough, too honest week after week opposition go down and get free kicks we stay on our feet and get nothing.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Huddersfield Town *** Official Match Thread ***

How loud were you?

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

I always have a go, I tend join join in with the North Stand faction closest to me, the west side, and you?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
After the emotional shredding, some positives...

One more point to add to the total.

West Brom, Stoke, Palace, Swansea and Huddersfield have all failed to gain ground on us.

There is one less game for all of those to make up the difference. West Brom 14 behind. Stoke 7 behind and both with 5 to play.

Our goal difference has not suffered any.

We will play better than that before season's end. The weight of expectation is a tough thing to master. We are now underdogs in every remaining fixture. There's always the occasional surprise at the end of the season and there's every chance we might yet spring one of them. Personally, I fancy Man Utd at our place.

Now I'm going to keep saying all of that to myself again and again until the heart rate comes down a little.

Given our results at home in key games to Swans & WHam recently I’d say this wasn’t a must win. A musn’t lose if anything. Like your positivity.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
The Manager has to take responsibility, he’s been out-thought at home 2 games in a row, don’t be lament Gus, there are other ways of playing the game, do some homework, like the oppo managers have done on you of late. We’ll be OK I’m sure, but he needs to be a bit more flexible/adventurous/demanding

He has not, we were the better side against Leicester. Murray puts his pen away or his one on one, Bong doesn't do his usual forget out the man behind him routine and we win that game.

Feel free to criticise Hughton today though. He just cannot get a grip on Wagners really basic tactic of close everyone down all the time, he didn't substitute Murray or Propper when it was clear they were not getting anyway/playing dreadfully. And he brought the wrong player on for Murray, should have been Locadia for something different up top rather than the same old like for like substitution that Hughton always makes.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Southampton need 7 points to catch us (if we got no more points)
------
Away to Arsenal, Home to Chelsea, Away to Leicester, Home to Bmuff, Away to everton, Away to Swansea, Home to Man City

Stoke need 8 points to catch us (if we got no more points)

Away to West Ham, Home to Burnley, Away to Liverpool, Home to Palace, Away to Swansea

I think there is every chance that neither club will even get to 35 points

Last edited:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
He has not, we were the better side against Leicester. Murray puts his pen away or his one on one, Bong doesn't do his usual forget out the man behind him routine and we win that game.

Feel free to criticise Hughton today though. He just cannot get a grip on Wagners really basic tactic of close everyone down all the time, he didn't substitute Murray or Propper when it was clear they were not getting anyway/playing dreadfully. And he brought the wrong player on for Murray, should have been Locadia for something different up top rather than the same old like for like substitution that Hughton always makes.

Although Ulloa did put that fabulous ball through for Jose to run on to - if he had scored that, we'd all be happy.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Southampton need 7 points to catch us (if we got no more points)
------
Away to Arsenal, Home to Chelsea, Away to Leicester, Home to Bmuff, Away to everton, Away to Swansea, Home to Man City

Stoke need 8 points to catch us (if we got no more points)

Away to West Ham, Home to Burnley, Away to Liverpool, Home to Palace, Away to Swansea

I think there is every chance that neither club will not even get to 35 points

Both on 33 I reckon. Unless they nick one where they shouldn't.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
too honest week after week opposition go down and get free kicks we stay on our feet and get nothing.

Those are blue and white tinted spectacles you are wearing my friend. Hudders were way more likely to try and stay on their feet than our boys today, and we have enough cynical divers in our team to match up with anyone in modern football.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The Manager has to take responsibility, he’s been out-thought at home 2 games in a row, don’t be lament Gus, there are other ways of playing the game, do some homework, like the oppo managers have done on you of late. We’ll be OK I’m sure, but he needs to be a bit more flexible/adventurous/demanding

I'm not sure he has. You can't legislate for missing penalties, free headers in the six yard box, fluffing one on ones and the hat full of other chances we have missed. Nor can you legislate for cocking up a simple back pass.

It's not been particularly pretty these last two games but we've had more than enough chances to have won both games comfortably. That's something that's on the players not the manager.

Worst home performance of the season given Terriers were awful. Passing barely Championship standard. If we do survive and it's still odds on we will, we must do something different next because teams that pass like we do inevitably go down

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here